6//skies cries

Zed lets out a defeated sigh.

    He can't go to the post office today to get her letter. It's been two days since he's gone to the post office partly because – actually not partly, the only reason was that he was spending too much time with them. Harper's been teaching him the guitar while Robyn Drew and Dominic read recipes.

    He likes cooking, Zed supposes.

    But today, it's raining and Zed hates the rain. He hates everything about it. The skies are gloomy and everything is quiet except for the hitting of the rain on his window.

    Why is it raining? He has enough clouds over his head.

    He clicks his tongue in annoyance as his thoughts come to a full stop.

    "She looks at her with a tenacity that was born out of desperation and anger. 'I'll never let you go, Avery. I won't let them take you away from me!'" Zed deepens his voice as he says this. Then, he taps his pen against his notepad with a
    What should Avery say? Should she reject her lover's advances or should she confess her feelings?

    "STOP WRITING!" The rain exclaims, the sound of the drops on his window growing louder and louder. Zed groans, running his fingers through his black locks, pushing his chair from the desk and stands up.He turns on the volume of his radio higher and plops down on the bed, sighing.

    He has said it before and he'll say it again. He hates rain.

    Theres a knock on the door and before Zed can say 'come in', the door flings open and Dominic, Robyn and Harper barges in.

    "You guys..." He falters as he takes in their appearance. They're wearing raincoats that are dripping with water and their boots make squeaky noises as they move,

    When he finds his voice, he says, "The fuck are you guys doing here now?"

    "Well, at least he's polite," Robyn snorts. Zed pulls out a rubber band from his wrist and shoots at it her. It hits Robyn's chin with a tight snap before falling to the ground.

    "Ow. That really hurt," she says flatly.

    "I like your shirt," Dominic blurts.

    Zed looks at his purple shirt and says slowly, "Thanks. Is this your favourite colour?"

    Dominic grins. "Of course. Black's my favourite colour...and yes, it's a shade but I'd like to call it –"

    "It's...not black. It's purple."

    Dominic flushes red and laughs nervously. "Of course I did! I was...joking."

    "...okay. Didn't my mom see you guys?"

    She did.

    "No," Zed scoffs. "She wouldn't have. You guys are still alive."

    "She's really pissed," Dominic says, wincing. "I mean, it kind of is our fault. We should have taken off our coats but we couldn't wait!"

    "...wait for what?"

    Harper shoves a yellow raincoat into Zed's arms.

    Zed sits up straight on his bed. He looks at the raincoat with furrowed eyebrows and then at the cousins. He does this a couple of times until he shakes his head. "Nope."

    "Why?" Robyn whines. She's wearing a red flannel shirt that's too big for her and baggy jeans that are rolled up to her knees. Dominic's clothes. They often fight about Robyn stealing – borrowing – his clothes.