Prologue

S E A L E D   W I T H   A   K I S S:

I'M NOT QUITE SURE WHAT I'M DOING HERE. Mina, my boss, said it was in my job description as a 'lady-in-waiting' to keep her company, but I haven't seen her for a few hours. Since we arrived, Mina ran off and left me to myself in a magazine-cover-worthy mansion to fidget in my borrowed onyx black evening gown. I knew no one here, and I am beginning to contemplate my escape without Mina noticing I've gone.

Sitting alone at a bar, the only person I was keeping company was the man operating it. The bartender shot me a curious look before coming over. "You sure you don't want a drink, miss?"

I shook my head. I've been known not to be able to handle my liquor, and even one too many glasses of wine could transform me into an embarrassment. "I'll be alright, thank you."

"One drink couldn't hurt." My head turned in the direction of the voice, and I found myself sitting up straight in the stool.

The man before me had sandy blonde hair in a messy hairdo to make Robert Pattinson jealous. He wore an all black tux, even his thin, sleek tie was a black satin that juxtaposed his eyes. The brightest, palest of baby blues starred down at me. They were like ice, only the heated look he sent me as his lips curved into an amused smile made me feel like I'd melt on the spot.

"What's your poison?" he asked as he took a seat in the empty stool beside me. His knees knocked against my bare ones, which made me feel the need to cross them. His eyes caught the movement, his liquid fire irises traveling slowly up the curve of my legs.

"Pardon?" I asked when I realized he'd asked something I didn't catch.

He smiled again, this time allowing his tongue to dart out and lick his bottom lip as he raised his own glass and took a sip. He angled his glass in my direction and sent a look to the bartender. "Bring the lady a martini. The dirtier the better."

His eyes had met my own at that last part, and I felt the urge to fan myself. This man was deadly and sexy as sin. And if the look he was sending my way was any indication, he was thinking something along the same lines about me. Like a predator, he leaned forward to thumb a piece of my hair.

"It's not red," he observed. "From across the room it look about as bright as fire."

A shiver went down my spine at the thought of him watching me from afar. "It's like...a penny. Coppery and like burnt, rusted metal."

He finally let go of my hair and leaned back when the bartender placed my drink down before me. I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding as he released me of his gaze, and shyly eyed the martini.

"What's the matter?" he asked when I just played with the stem rather than bring the glass to my lips. I could feel my mouth go dry and palms begin to sweat.

"I'm kind of a lightweight," I admitted with an embarrassed smile. "I tend to loose control when I'm around alcohol."

His predatory smile grew as his eerie eyes ran down the length of me. "I'd love to see you loose control."

A small gasp escaped my lips when I realized how sexual that sounded. He reached out and inched the glass closer. "Try it."

Powerless to stop my hands from lifting the glass, I did as his alluring voice commanded and downed it.

"How was it?"

I licked my lips as I felt the unfamiliar signs of a buzz coming on. My gaze locked with his as I raised a freshly refilled glass--coutesy of the dutiful bartender--and lightly ran my finger playfully around the rim. "Exquisite."

I finished the second drink, and by then the alcohol had given me a boldness I've never felt curse through my veins before.

"You're accent, it's cute."

I gave him a coy smile and responded in the most posh Britt accent I could muster. "So is your American one. Always been a sucker for the Yankees."

He leaned forward until his lips were touching my ear. "How would it sound when you scream my name as I make you loose control?"

I let out a shaky breath as I turned my head and lightly brushed my lips against his. "I don't even know your name, American boy."

"Cole," he responded.

"Cole," I experimented, letting his name roll of my tongue. "Got it. So what are you waiting for?"

In the matter of seconds I was yanked out of the stool and dragged out of the ballroom. Cole expertly weaved around the numerous people at this Christmas party Mina asked me to come to, and before I could ask him where we were going he opened a door and pulled me inside. Shutting it, he slammed my back against the door and raised his forearms up to cage me in. I moaned when I felt him press against me, and I arched my back when he lightly kissed my shoulder.

I opened my eyes and allowed them to adjust to the dark. We were in what appeared to be a supply closet, but as soon as Cole's hand skimmed up the slit of my borrowed dress, all thoughts of how trashy I am to moan for a man in a closet fled my mind. He gripped my hips and slammed them against the door, causing the hinges to rattle a bit, before lifting said hips and grinding himself against me.

He stepped between my legs, and pushed the skirt of my dress away to hike my legs around his waist.

The door was making too much noise, but while I couldn't be bothered to give a damn Cole must have because he turned so that we were pinned against the adjacent wall instead. His hand found the zipper of the dress Mina forced me into earlier tonight, and with a satisfying zip, it came undone.

Cole put me down to shimmy out of the fabric, and soon I was standing before him in nothing but my heels and knickers. Cole reached up and turned the light on, his eyes drinking me all in. I shivered when he trailed a hand up my torso to sweep my hair away.

"I want to see you too," I said in a voice barely above a whisper. I surprised myself with my words but as soon as I saw Cole frantically yank at his tie and rip his shirt open, I couldn't care less. His bare skin met mine as his mouth latched onto the skin on my collarbone. His hands were scorching my skin as mine worked to undo his belt.

Cole groaned when I finally touched him, and gripped my hair--perhaps a bit rougher than I was expecting--and I let out a breathless whimper.

Cole lifted me again and I moaned long and loud when we came together.

I felt myself lose control, and as I neared the edge Cole said, "Scream for me."

And I did. Embarrassingly loud.

A/N: Dedicated to my great Wattpad friend 4evrabookworm. Thank you for your help and advice. I couldn't have done it without you.

P.S: Cole Richmond is played by Alex Pettyfer's sexy ass. Picture above!!