Healing Begins

Jack was recovering quite nicely. He'd woken up the next morning, his leg essay bit numb, but Madam Pomphrey had generously mended the broken bone in time. Jack had muttered a moan as he stood up on his hospital bed. He couldn't really remember anything after that punch to the face. But (to his delight,) he had, on fact, kissed Rapunzel. And she in fact, had kisses him back. That may not have been the perfect night, but it was a perfect moment to him.

When he'd woken up, he'd seen a bouquet of flowers, purple and plastic, but each had a yellow sun painted on the petals. He smiled at it. He knew it was Rapunzels.

North walked into the room. His jolly grin and tough exterior not quite matching escorted, but it never really had, to begin with.

He sat by his bedside and said, "Good! The boy is awake." He crossed his arms, but his grin kept his action friendly. "Your friends have stopped by frequently. The red head and the skinny boy just left."

Frequently? "How long have I been out?" He asked.

"Oh do not fret, boy. Only a day. But you have some time before the train leaves to meet your friends. Are you going home for the holidays, my boy?"

Jack shook his head, disappointingly. Though instead, they were invited to Meridas home in Scotland. The muggle world.

"That is a shame. It's a good thing your friends have not left yet.

Jack sat up straight. North smiled brightly and said, "They've been waiting for you to wake. Especially the girl with the short hair." Jack was curious as to how he didn't know their names. Had he added emphasis? Or had he only known his because he'd mentored him.

"She never leaves your side, the short girl. The other red head forced her to eat breakfast. I think they will be back soon..." Jack felt himself smile. Rapunzel had chosen not to resent him, after all.

And he'd get to see them all again soon.

Just then, the doors came bursting open. Rapunzel, then Merida and Hiccup came rushing in. They we're all wearing their terrible oversized winter sweaters. Jack had finally realised how cold it was. It had always took him a while to notice, he really enjoyed the breeze.

They came running towards him, and Rapunzel hugged him tightly once North removed himself. She wrapped her arms around him, careful not to hurt him, and buried her chin into his neck. "Jack! Your okay!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Jack felt her pull away to look him in the eyes. She Smiled so genuinely that Jack felt a tingle in the put of his stomach.

"You had us worried sick, Jack." Hiccup cut in.

"Well, mainly Punzie." Added Merida, smirking at Rapunzel. Rapunzel felt a blush creep to he cheeks as she sat down. Merida and Hiccup sat down on the other side of him.

"So Jack, you think you'll be ok going to Scotland with us?" Merida asked. They'd always gone to sometimes home for the holidays, as they'd usually done, but never to Meridas. She had a sizable house, but an embarrassing family that she loves so much.

Jack smiled and nodded boldly. "Of course." He said. Rapunzel smiled with him and said, "good. We'll all be together for the holidays."

Hiccup and Meridas family we're closer than they'd known. The get together was so much easier when they learned this. Scottish descendants making jokes with a Viking, it wouldn't have been funny before. It would've been a lie.

_______________________________________

Hiccup wandered the halls. He put the pieces together slowly. So, if Merida really was dating Jack, he wouldn't have kissed Punzie wouldn't have kissed back. Merida wouldn't be so mellow. Merida would've danced during the slow dances. So... Merida and Jack, weren't together?

That relieved Hiccup more than he'd realized.

He felt two strong arms wrap themselves around hiccups neck, choking him from th e weight pulling him down. When the person released him, he gasped for air and they kissed him firmly on the cheek. "Hey, Hic!" Astrid giggles as she strode over to the front of him, pulling his collar down to plant another kiss On to his lips. Hiccup pulled away, and caught Astrid concerned glare. "Hiccup, what's wrong?"

Hiccup a

Shrugged. "it's nothing... It's just that,when do we ever sit down to just, talk?"

"Talk?" Shall asked.

"Yeah... Talk." Hiccup trailed off.

"We're talking right now..." she pointed out. She smiled and grabbed him again, but Hiccup shrugged her hands off.

"No, that's not really what I meant..." Astrid frowned, and crossed her arms.

"Alright then, let's talk."

She grabbed his hand and pulled him on the side to sit on the bench.

there was an awfully uncomfortable silence then, neither of them looking at escorted, but both of then took a new fascination in their shoes.

"So," Astrid finally broke the silence. "Is there anything you want to know about me?" She asked.

"Well there's one thing." He said. "Why did you start liking me?" Astrid scoffed. "Oh come on Hiccup, You're a triwizard CHAMPION. You're amazing!" She began smiling.

Hiccup furrowed his eyebrows. "It's that all you think of me?"

Her smile disappeared, and her eyes wide. "No! Of course not."

Hiccup didn't face her. "Then why did you finally stop ignoring me? You knew I liked you, all this time. Why now?" Hiccup felt himself growing furious, But he did his best to stay calm.

"Hiccup, what has gotten into you?" She asked him, crossing her own arms in disbelief.

"It's just... Do you really like me?" She gave a solemn look and opened her mouth to speak, but he added, "or Did you like the triwizard champion?"

"I like you." She said simply.

He sighed. "Do you even know me?"

She gave a sympathetic look, and then put her hand on his shoulder.

"I don't think I can do this anymore." He said finally. She gasped silently, and said, "Hiccup!"

"NO." He cut her off. "Go to Eugene. If you want a triwizard champion, Im pretty sure he's available."

And he walked away as fast as he could.