With the wrong person

It was the day of the yule ball, Jack had been throwing snowballs at first years with Merida, seeming she was the only one who had free time nowadays. They smiled as the confused first year began frantically looking around for his attacker, snow covering his hair.

They began laughing and looked for their next target.

As Jack aimed, Merida said to him, "are you going to ask Rapunzel to dance?" He was taken back. Of course he wasn't. How could he...

"Of course not. She has a date, now stop reminding me."

Merida rolled her big blue eyes. "I mean when they announce a non couples dance at the end. They make you dance with someone you haven't brought with you."

"well... I guess. But she's not going to think of me as more than a friend. No matter what I do. I know she doesn't feel the same way, so don't make me tell her how I feel."

Merida.faces.him now, a serious expression and tone lingered in her presence. "I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you can still enjoy the ball. And that may be to your only chance with her for a long time." Jack thought about this. He was offended by 'a long time', but he knew it was true. He wouldn't be able to ask her out for Eugenes sake. And he wouldn't dare ask out a newly single Rapunzel. It just wouldn't be right. Then he realized, what I'd he wouldn't have the chance at all? He had always had a right moment. To ask her out. To kiss her. To confess.

But it was too late now, he was in too deep.

"We'll what about Hiccup?" Jack asked th e shivering Merida. Her cheeks turned red, but no one could blame it on the weather. "Forget I mentioned it." She said, and proceeded to throw snowballs with Jack.

__________________________________________________________

Rapunzel began to twirl in her dress as it tagged Ali NH not far behind. It touched the floor so swiftly and bare, and it complimented every curve It's purple.ruffles guarded her right shoulder as it left her other shoulder bare. She admired the subtle yellow suns spring across the bottom that faded into the purple somehow. The numerous suns formed an alliance up to her hip.

She was.about to Tie her hair into a braid. She stroked the strands of her hair until it ended suddenly, as she forgets sometimes that there wasn't really much left anymore. She gave a saddened look as she stood in front of the mirror. Her soft and teary eyes began to perk and leak. Then she felt a hand by her hair. A flower was placed behind her left ear. She admired the petals with the soft stroke of her hand and let her hand fall again. It was a yellow rose.

The yellow rose stood For eternal friendship.

"And now you look like a princess." Said a male voice. She turned to see hiccup, carrying a bouquet of roses. 4 red, one yellow. In Rapunzels hair.

He was wearing a tux that was tinted a very dark green that could've been easily mistook for black, and a brown fur cape draped over his shoulder. His pants we're black, and he had still fit himself into sneakers. Rapunzel rolled her eyes playfully and said, "Nice shoes."

Hiccup shrugged. "ehh." He muttered.

"thanks, hiccup. Really." She smiled softly, and so did he.

"What are you doing here, anyway?" She asked, turning to him.

"Well I was going to take Merida to the ballroom. Seeing as though she didn't have a date, and Astrid said she would meet me there." He said.

"Since when do you and Astrid talk?" Hiccup blushed.

"I wish we would, to be honest." Hiccup didn't want to go any farther into the subject, and Rapunzel didn't want to listen. "Anyway, I'll just be heading over there."

Rapunzel stopped him as he turned. "Haven't you heard? Merida is going with Jack." The world began to crash under His feet. It can't be true...

"What are you talking about?" Hiccup said in a very weary tone.

"Yeah, didn't she tell you?" Rapunzel raised an eyebrow at the confused Hiccup.

"No. She never said anything." He said.

Rapunzel shrugged. "we'll how could she, anyway? You're never around anymore."

_____________________________________

Merida stood infront of the mirror with her hair tied back. It was tightly tamed into a braid and pins. The braid fell down to her lower back and she carried it over to her shoulder. She admired her dress as it fell to her knees in front and tailed behind in the back. It was adjusted by the waist with a bow and the straps we're tightly positioned to carry her blue dress. She actually liked it. She actually almost felt... Beautiful.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts as her fellow.fourth year friend greeted her. "That cute Slytherin boy is here to saw you." She smiled. Merida rolled her eyes and ran down the stairs, carrying her dress to make room for her sneakers to carry.her.down the steps safely. Jack.stood by the doorway, crossing his arms. He didn't look up to see her. he only leaned by the door way of the portrait and stated at his feet. his arms we're crossed. He was wearing an actual tux, which surprised her. A normal tux with a tie and everything. Except the shoes, he had worn sneakers like Merida had.

She had to admit, he outside himself tonight.

When he looked up, he thought the same for her. 'Since when was Merida a girl???' He thought to himself. He held out his arm as he lead her down to the ballroom.

_____________________________________

Hiccup tapped his feet impatiently as he waited for Astrid. What could possibly have been holding her up? It was 7:58 and he needed to lead the waltz, but he couldn't if there was no one to waltz with.

From the corner of his eye, he saw a girl rushing towards him in a red dress. As soon as he turned, he felt warm and wet lips attack him. Astrid.

He felt her leap into his arms as he was still surprised by her, even though he felt he'd be used to it, or perhaps, she'd finally stop smothering him.

Merida walked in arm linked to Jack.

Hiccup finally had a chance to breathe as he saw her dress tail behind her. He could actually are her face. How her cheeks were chubby yet adorable to him, answer blue eyes sparkling. But she was linked tightly to Jack. Who smirked at her. He was wearing the suit he'd lent him, and he looked like a much better fit. Of course he ignored the dress shoes like he'd always had.

Still, His focus turned back to Merida. She looked beautiful tonight. Her face, something that he'd probably never seen before, had smiled brightly and beautifully to herself.

She smiled at him warmly as she passed.him, and he realized he'd been staring. So was Astrid, who focused more on Hiccups reaction. She gave a concerned look to the now oblivious Hiccup.

It was time to begin the ball.

_______________________________________________

:D:D:D OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

There wasn't so much Jackpunzel in this story, but I promise that Will change. It's just that no one really tells a pure tale about Merida and hiccups relationship nowadays. And hiccup comforted Rapunzel because they hardly interacted directly yet. But Jack and Merida were practically best friends. Sooiooooo, no jackpunzel yet :( I just had a lot of ideas for mericcup. So the next chapter is being written as we SPEAK. I MEAN READ.

BE. A. FAN.

VOTE/COMMENT!