Let the Games begin.

Attention. The following dragons are actual dragons mentioned in legends of Berk and httyd. I own none if the titles anymore than I do the movies.

The dragons mentioned in the chapter below were found on How to train your dragon wikia.

^Did that sound professional enough??^

I own nothing beyond the plot.

________________________________________________________________

Everyone was nervous. That was completely obvious. Even Eugene, who always came across as cool and collected, had been sweating in his uniform.

Jack had watched as Rapunzel went to comfort HIM rather than himself. As much as Jack wanted to let it go, he couldn't. Of course he had a crush on her, everyone knew it but Rapunzel. And before now, himself.

When Durham finally left Rapunzel, he made his way to her, almost on instinct. "Punzie." She looked up at him, and grinned. "Jack."

"I realized, I haven't wished you luck yet." He smiled.

"why? Do you think I need it?" Punzie shot him a questioning look.

"N-no! What I mean is,-"

"Good luck, Jack." She wishes Him and Stroker his shoulder kindly.

to Jacks surprise, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a hug. He gladly hugged back, closing his eyes to fully enjoy the moment. When they pulled away, they encountered a moment to catch a glimpse of the others eyes. Jack felt mesmerized during the brief moment that they shared, staring into the beautiful pools of her eyes.

The moment was broken by Rapunzel, who suggested that she were to report to her mentor, Sandy.

As she did so, Jack did the same, as well as the rest of the champions. Jack was relieved that his mentor wasn't Pitch, but North. Jack knew Pitch may have simply picked Eugene, but Jack was completely okay with that.

"Alright, huddle up." North said, after posing rather awkwardly in front of the reporters for the daily prophet. He pulled out a bag and held it out in the middle of the circle.

"In this bag, are 5 miniature dragons, shrunk down to represent very real ones. Very real ones that you will be challenging. Now, the objective is to capture the golden egg on the other side of the arena. The egg will contain the key to completing the second task."

Hiccup sighed in relief. I don't have to kill them.... just run away from them. Hiccup began to worry again. This dragon is untrained, How could he possibly run away from them safely? Then he brainstormed. Find its weakness.

Jack wasn't doing any better. He didn't know a thing about dragons and was taking back every moment he spent dosing off when Hiccup began a rant about them.

Eugene put his hand in the bag first. The order was from oldest to youngest, and Eugene was a 6th year. Being older though, didn't make him any less nervous.

He pulled out his hand to reveal a dragon that almost looked like two. It had a single body with two wandering heads snaking out. "The Hideous ZippleBack." North announced. It sat in the palm of his had as one head puffed out a tiny ball of gas, as the other showed lightning zappiung between its teeth.

Jack was next. He was hesitant, and let one crawl into his hand. When he pulled it out of the bag, he saw a dragon with spikes covering its snake like body, and spinning rows of unflattering teeth that looked too big for its mouth.

"The Whispering Death." North said. 'seriously? The Whispering Death!? I bet it likes bunnies.' Jack gave a sarcastic comment and held back the urge to roll his eyes.