Entering

Hiccup:

Hiccup slid his robe on, tracing the honey badger over the side of it. ' Why was I so embarrassed about this again?' Hiccup thought, remembering the shamed look on his face of utter self loath when the sorting hat shouted 'HufflePuff!' about 4 years back. 'Come on, my common room is next to the kitchen.' Hiccup said, only meaning the best. He smiled with admiration and pride as he straightened his black and yellow tie.

Walking out of his dormitory, He looked out to the common room, where Dingwall and Fishlegs sat, playing wizards chess. "Stop cheating!" Fishlegs shouted. Dingwall only looked up at him with his mouth gaped open and dazed eyes, like he usually looked.

Hiccup smiled a bit before heading to meet his friends.

________________________________

Hiccup at on the stands as Merida began shuffling for a parchment. "Argh! Wheres a stupid paper when yah need one?" She exclaimed. Rapunzel then handed her a parchment and a quill. "Hehe, Thanks Punzie."

Jack offered, "Hiccup, are you sure you don't want to? I mean, a lot of hufflepuffs are entering, what's the odds of you getting chosen, anyway?"

Hiccup, who with every inch of his being, secretly really wanted to win it. No, not just be chosen, even more than be a part of it, he wanted to win. For his father, for Astrid, who-even though she knew he had had a major crush on- had ony thought of him as a big useless baby. But something- he didn't know what,- But something was holding him back. What was it? Intimidation?

'Stop being a big baby, Hiccup. All of your friends are going. They're not even forcing you. What does that tell you?' Then with that last thought, Hiccup joined the group.

Hiccup was the first to enter his name, or to try. Astrid, to his surprise, had shoved him out of the way as she gave him a funny look. She let the parchment drif into the cup as she looked down on him, dispite the fact that he was still just a bit taller. She gave her own intimidated look that made Hiccups knees weak. He knew what she was thinking. 'Seriously? Who does he think he is? Does he really think the cup would find HIM worthy?' He felt her evil smirk as a harsh laugh to the face. The flames that arose from the cup matching the feeling he gave her. A burst of embarrassment, and loathe. But not for her, for himself.

As the rest of his friends threw their names into the cup, they all stared at Hiccup very timidly, Waiting for one, swift movement of the hand... 

And the parchment feell into the cup, and red flames arose again. His friends cheered, "Way to go, Hic!" Jacj patted him on the back, and Merida tackled him as Punzie bounced up and down. Hiccup couldn't help but blush at his friends reactions. 'They don't seem surprised, I suppose that's a good thing." He smiled to himself.

"So, I guess that's it." Rapunzel sighed, smiling with excitement.

"Yeah, imagine if we all get picked. How ironic would that be?" Jack said, leaning against Rapunzels shoulder.

"Well, the cup does choose wisely. And for many reasons, it's like the sorting hat. It picks the group for several different reasons. Sometimes it's because of their wide range of skill, but sometimes, they choose the group that fit together best." Rapunzel said. The group shrugged.

"Well, it could be us, sure, but we can't be the only ones. Being only fourth years, they're probably going to pick someone older..." Hiccup trailed off. Then he felt a shrug and let out an 'oof!' 

Snotlout had shoved him away and the rest of the group scowled at him. "Sorry, I would've shoved the red head but... I didn't want to get dirty." He grinned at his comment as he dropped his name into the cup. 

With a sudden movement, Merida whipped out her wand and held it to his chin. Her scowl could almost reach out and rip his face off. "Say it again, I dare yeh." He hid a whimper as Eugene slid over to her.

"Hey, woah, red, Sorry about him. He's an airhead..." He dropped his parchment into the cup. "We don't want any trouble." Hiccup looked around to se that everyone was staring at them. She lowered her wand slowly, then heard Snotlout laugh. She turned back so quickly he flinched in horror. Eugene continued.

"Sorry again." He left with a wink in Rapunzels direction. Hiccup knew that even though Snotlout was insulting Merida, the one who was truly angry was Jack. He turned red scowled at Eugene with his back turned,

____________________________________________________

HUFFLEPUFF PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha I just wanted to express some hufflepuff positives, which wasn't hard since they live by a freaking kitchen.

VOTE! or don't, I don't actually care I just see that around alot.

I own nothing except the process of the.... writing? idk i own nothing.