The Beginning

Merida:

"got your brush, dear?" Elinor pulled away as she tucked a fiery strand of hair behind Merida's ear.

"mum, Am fine." The Scottish accent heavily sighed. As Elinor gave her one last kiss on the head, her three brothers tackled her legs as a brief goodbye. She smiled as she heard the red and black train whistle loudly as if being 10:58. Two minutes before leaving to Hogwarts.

Merida left with a wave and climbed aboard the train.

She gave one last goodbye to her fellow red headed triplet brothers as well as her mother as the train began to chug. She swayed slightly with the movement of the train as she turned to look for an empty compartment. With no luck, she managed to find a compartment with a single boy with brown hair and a frail figure staring out the window. She slide open the door and asked, "Mine' if ah' sit here?"

The boy turned to face the girl and managed a "no, not at all."

She smiled as she let herself in and pushed her luggage up and say down across from him.

"Merida Dunbroch." She held out a hand.

"Hiccup, Hiccup Haddock." The boy smiled and shook her hand. "You're a first year too?"

"oh, yeh."

"Great, so what house are you going for?" Merida took a second to think. It was in the pamphlet, (of which she hadn't bothered to read, so she had only guessed.) But she didn't quite understand the meaning of "houses.".or what houses there were.

"What houses?" She asked. "Me parents are muggles, ya see."

Hiccup nodded in understanding.

"We'll, there's RavenClaw, the intelligent, then Slytherin, the pure and ambitious. Then Gryffindor, the brave, and hufflepuff, the kind and hardworking." Hiccup explained.

Merida began to think. She didn't exactly know where she belonged. But she didn't care much either. She was tremendously fascinated in the new world, but she didn't see any importance in focusing on her placement. Then came a knock on the door.

Two figures, a boy and a girl. The boy had a blue hoodie and extremely white hair that fell over his face. He was pale and his nose was red. The girl that stood beside him was very petite with long blonde hair. She had a chameleon that sat upon her head.

"Do you mind? The other compartments seem a bit full." Asked the snowy haired boy.

"No, that's fine." Merida says as they shuffle into the compartment, lugging their things overhead. When the boy walked in, the girl followed, which didn't affect Merida in anyway, until she saw the continuous trail of hair that followed her. She piled them in a corner, receiving stares from the there as she didn't care much to Explain. She managed to say she just liked growing it out, and the three pushed the subject no further.

"Rapunzel Gothel." she smiled and shook Merida hand as she introduced herself before hiccup.

"Jack Frost." The boy said.

"Nice to meet you." Hiccup said, right before a flame arose from his trouser pocket and he tried to desperately pat it out. "Toothless!" He whispered loudly. The four say there in surprise as he pulled out a small black dragon no bigger then the palm of his hand.

His pocket still on fire as Rapunzel pulled out her wand and shouted, "Auguamente!" With that water splashed over hiccup, leaving his left pocket soaked and darkened from burns.

"Thanks." hiccup muttered, embarrassed.

"wha' the bloody hell was that?!" Merida exclaimed.