Dance Dance

Heehee. Falloutboy titles. Anyway, ONWARD.

_________________________ _________________

Within everyone who was to lead the waltz, Everyone was nervous. Everyone.No exceptions, because overall, the lot of them couldn't dance.

But there they were, walking arm and arm with their 'dates' onto the ballroom floor.

The girls positioned their hands onto the boys shoulder and intertwined with the boys other hand and payed close attention to the movements of their feet. The boys held them closely, (except for Jack and Merida, who didn't bother moving away in the act of maturity, but no closer due to their last dying shreads of dignity) and placed their hands carefully around their waists.

They lifted the girls into the air very briefly. Then the teachers began to join, and slowly, everyone else.

When the song finally ended, the l

Ball became a standard prom as the night grew later. As everyone was dancing to the music, Merida and Jack pushed their way out of the crowd as a slow song came.

"This wasn't as fun as I thought it would be." Merida sighed, leaning her cheek to her fist.

"I knew this would suck." Jack roller his eyes, and found himself shooting death glares to the giggling couple Eugene and Punzie.

"But you still came." Merida pointed out.

"I had to." He bit back.

"Oh please, if Rapunzel is here, you will be too."

Jack gave a long sigh. "If I had the choice, I wouldn't be torturing myself like this." Merida looked to Rapunzel and Eugene, because of how Jack had looked away painfully.

She patted him on the back.

"I know, Lad. I get it..." She responded, looking towards Hiccup and Astrid, kissing of course.

The night grew later, and finally came the right moment.

"Now, gentlemen. It's time to grab the hand of a lady you didn't bring tonight, and hold her close. But not, too close." The host winked and Hiccup took the opportunity before Astrid could oppose and pull him outside in the cold only to snog him even more.

He laid eyes on fiery red hair.

she sat with her face against her fist is boredom. She hadn't danced all night. But Jack...

He walked up to her in what took every ounce of his bravery and bowed down in front of her. He held out his hand for her to take.

Merida raised an eyebrow. "Well it's about time."

"A dance, for the wonderful lady?" Hiccup said in a mocking tone.

Merida reluctantly held out her hand. It wasn't so reluctant, but the difficult part was letting him win. She was ignoring him as much as she could but she knew it was no use. Hiccup was still.Hiccup and she loved that.

And he lead her to the floor.

Jack stood up, his hands in his pockets and eyed the crowd. He scanned for Punzie, and felt a soft tap on his shoulder.

"Hey, Jack." Said the soft voice. He turned to look down at Rapunzel. She looked so beautiful tonight, he thought to himself.

She smiled up at him and he tried to copy Hiccups actions. He Bowed down to her, and held out his hand. "Care to dance?" She took his hand gracefully and said, "Of course."

And they joined the crowd.

Rapunzel laid her head on his shoulder as she was dreadfully tired. It was a few minutes till midnight and EUgene was dancing with Astrid very reluctantly. Jack smiled at Rapunzel, who kept her eyes closed as they swayed to the music. He felt Merida tap his shoulder and wink at him. He smiled back at her. They both seemed to get what they wanted, tonight.

Rapunzel held tightly around Jacks neck, and said, "You're a wonderful dancer, Jack."

"It's.. It's nothing." Jack stuttered nervously as he held her.

"Are you sure you don't like Merida?" Rapunzel asked.

"Oh believe me, Punzie. I'm sure." He said as he thought of her holding him as close as she was.

"Well, it's totally fine with me... If you do..." She said as slowly as possible.

Wait, Jack thought. Was she jealous?

Jack denied this. She can't. She has no reason to be jealous.

Her beautiful eyes began to stare into into his. He looked down, and lean forward. 'What are you doing?' He th ought to himself. But... She was leaning in too.

And finally, they kissed. The feel of her soft lips made Jacks heart best out of his chest. Was this really happening?

It was real.

As they pulled away, he leaned in for one more, and Rapunzel didn't deny him.But Jacks longing wasn't enough, because he felt a firm hand pull him back. And before he could turn to fix his.eyes, a strong pain had punched him in the face. Jack fell to the ground in a rush, and he clutched his face. He felt hot liquid trailing from under his nose. Rapunzel screamed and the music stopped. Everyone was staring now. "What do you think you're doing???" He looked up to see a furious Eugene staring down at him, his knuckles white.

Jack struggled to reply, and a strong kick had struck his stomach.

Rapunzel tried to get a hold of him, but he pushed her back. 'Where are all the teachers?'

"Answer me!!!" Eugene shouted. His voice spread through the now quiet ballroom. No one was helping him. Why?

"Eugene, stop!" Rapunzel cried desperately. Merida and Hiccup forced their way to the front of the crowd to inspect the commotion. The sight wasn't pretty.

Rapunzel struggled to get to Jack, but Eugene only pushed her back. They tried to think of a solution. Getting a teacher, it would take to long, and no one was aloud to bring their wands. They were stuck.

Eugene began to Turn red with fury.

"YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER." He shouted, and pulled Rapunzels arm with a firm grip that would've left a bruise. Rapunzel shouted.and squirmed.in debate, until finally she shouted, "NO."

Eugene was obviously not in the mood to counter argue. He Turned to face her with a.stern look in his face, and then began to take his.anger out on Jack again. He was on the floor groaning and curled up on the ground.

He lifted Jack up by the collar and Jack stood on his own two feet, where he punched him in the eye again.

Merida had enough. Eugene was much larger than her, she knew that, and much stronger too. But she couldn't bare to see this anymore. She was already ashamed that she let him take that last blow, when she clearly saw in coming.

She stepped infront of him, between the shaking and shriveled Jack and Eugene. "Eugene, calm Dow-" He shoved her With such force that she slid onto the floor.

HIccup was wide eyed. She's not getting up! She was just laying there, facing Eugene with a pained expression.

He'd been waiting for her to fight back. She always did.

Hiccup clenched his fists. As Eugene grabbed Rapunzels arm, He tapped him on the shoulder.

As he turned furiously, Hiccup s fists her lodged deep into his face. Hiccup didn't know what he was doing. He didn't even plan to do.that.... But there he was, his knuckles white with Eugene on th floor, Along with all of his best friends.

Just then, The headmaster and the professors came rushing in. Professor tooth gasped and held her hands over her mouth. Sandy showed an abbreviation and a question mark above his head. Black stood there, hands behind his back as he always did. Bunnymund eyes were wide, and North simply crossed his arms in disbelief. Hiccup was the last standing, three people shriveled.up on the ground, and Rapunzels arms were bruises.

No one. Said. A word.

________________________________________________________________