Chapter 19:Are We Going To Be Okay?

Farkle's POV
As Smackle walked away, jumping into the jock's arms, I pondered what she said before she left.

Nothing lasts forever.

What did she mean? Well of course I knew what she meant, in the scientific sense. My favorite Sir Isaac Newton quote explains this: "What goes up, must come down." But for once, I don't think she meant it that way.

Oh come on, Farkle, a voice in my head says. It's Smackle. It's her favorite quote too, she just meant it as a goodbye.

Whatever. I'm gonna ignore it for now. I'm just gonna go home now, there's nothing for me, now. Maya and Lucas are God knows where, Smackle's with that Brett guy, and I'm pretty sure Riley doesn't wanna be bothered while she's with Brandon. Speaking of Riley, where is she? I haven't seen her lately. I spot Brandon across the gym floor, dancing with some blonde girl that's definitely not Riley.

Oh no, Riley must be crushed. I have to find her. After I look and don't see my hurting best friend, I ran out the double doors. I ran around every corner, muscles I didn't even know I had were aching. I rounded a corner in the back of the school, near the science lab, I run into a couple making out, earning a generous amount of profanities, and a few rude gestures, I finally saw a sight that I will never forget for as long as I live, something that instantly broke my heart, more than anything. I saw a beautiful purple dress, worn by a more beautiful girl, legs crossed, hands bracing herself on the bench, head down, brown, straight hair falling around her face like a curtain, quiet sobs spilling from her mouth.

"Aww, Riles." I whispered to myself, instantly running over to her next to her on the bench, wrapping her up in my long arms.

"Farkle?" She asked.

"I'm here." I whispered in her hair, not questioning how she knew it was me, since she hadn't moved at all. She turned toward me, wrapping her arms around my waist, crying into my shoulder. I just sat there, stroking her long, soft hair, whispering, "Shh. It's okay," until she was ready to talk. Finally she sat up, wiped the tears from her face, her hiccuping sobs subsiding. Even with makeup running all over her face, she looked perfect.

"Now, you wanna tell me what happened." I asked, wiping a stray tear away.

"Ok." She smiled slightly. "Well, apparently Brandon's ex just moved here. And he's still in love with her. And he ditched me to be with her."

"You too, huh?" I asked, grimacing at her silent tears.

"Too? What happened with Smackle?"

"Well apparently Smackle has a boyfriend back at Einstein academy. Brett." I say his name with as much disgust as I can muster. "And he came with Billy and the baseball team. And she ditched me to be with him."

"I'm so sorry, Farkle." She hugged me, and I just held her.

"Farkle?" She asks, looking up at me slightly.

"Yes, Riles?"

"Are we going to be ok?" As soon as she said that, she sat up, looking into my blue eyes.

"As long as I have you, I know I will be." I say, sincerely.

"God, I love you, Farkle." She says, breaking out into a smile.

"And I love you. More than you'll ever know." As I said this, I thought about Smackle's words.

Nothing lasts for.

But I wanted this to last for as long as possible. So before she could say anything else, I pulled her to me, smashing my lips against hers. I kinda got scared for a minute, cause nothing happened. Then she responded, and I felt sparks. I know it's cheesy, but hey, I'm a cheesy guy. It's part of being Farkle. I cupped my hands around her cheeks, and slightly smiled into the kiss. She inched closer to me, tilting her head to deepen the kiss, running her hands through my brown hair. Before anything went any further, a blur of black and red, and blonde waves shot past us. Riley pulled away, shooting to her feet.

"Maya, wait!" She yelled. She turned toward me apologetically. "Look, Farkle, I gotta go. But we need to talk later."

"It's fine, Riley. I get it." I say standing, walking to stand in front of her.

"You're the best, Farkle." She smiled, leaning up on her tiptoes, kissing my cheek. I savored the feeling of her lips on my skin by keeping my eyes closed. By the time, I opened them, she was gone, leaving back only a trail of glitter, and her shoes. I picked up the silvery pumps, smiling.

"To be continued, Cinderella."

£

I made my way to the art room, where sure enough Lucas was standing, looking confused.

"Lucas?" I asked. A good five minutes later, he turned around.

"Yeah?" He answered, scratching the back of his head.

"You okay?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"I-I don't know." He says, honestly. "Um, ready to go?"

I was about to answer, when what all Brandon did to Riley sunk in. I was overcome with a wave of fury.

"Yeah, I just... I just gotta do something first." I say, heading to the gym. I bust through the double doors, heading to the center of the gym.

"Hey, Brandon," I say as he turns around.

"Oh, hey, Farkle. Look I hope there isn't any hard-"

I cut him off, connecting my fist with his stomach. 

"That was for Lucas." I say simply. Just as he was recovering, I kicked him where the sun does not shine.

"That was for Riley." He groaned, but stood his ground.

"And this... This is for me." I say, rearing back and punching him square in the face, knocking him out cold.

The next thing I knew, Lucas was hauling me out of the gym, before I got my ass expelled.

A/N Hey guys, i hope you liked this chapter. I forgot to mention this, I made Farkle more muscly. He's not like Lucas-worthy, but he  does has some muscle. So if you were reading this and you were like Farkle couldn't do this damage, there you go.

-A