Chapter 4: The Ask

A/N Hey guys, thanks for the views, I really appreciate it. Sorry I haven't updated in a while.

Riley's POV
"Hey, Mathews." I heard behind me. I turned only to find Brandon walking up to me, smiling uncharacteristically.

"H-Hey, Brandon!" I stuttered, my heart beating out of my chest.

"So, um, I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure." I felt so nervous, you could play my heartbeat on the drums.

"Um..." Brandon said quietly, sheepishly looking at me.

"Brandon." I say, putting my hands on his shoulders. "You can ask me anything."

He nodded as he took my hands from his shoulders, but didn't let them go.

"Willyougotothedancewithme?" He said it so fast, I almost couldn't make it out.

"Um, sure sounds like fun." I said calmly, but inside I was bouncing off the walls.

"Great. Pick you up at 7?" He asked.

"Sounds good." I said as he kissed my cheek and walked off, smiling. As soon as he was out of sight, I started jumping up and down, and (more or less) dancing.

£

Maya's POV
I was at my locker, when Riley ran up to me.

"Guess what? Guess what? Guess wha-aat!?!" She squeeled, singing the last part.

"Pluto's a planet again, because Venus blew up, since the earth has so much global warming. So, to prevent tree-hugger riots, they put Pluto in its place, so we have the same same number of planets as before?"

She stopped jumping and just stared at me for a minute. "No. But that would be awesome!"

"I know, right?" I say as we both laugh. "Anyways, what did you want to tell me? And if it's about that stupid ball, I will come to to your house and chop off all your family's hair, including you... Well except Topanga, because, let's face it, she has amazing hair, and she scares me a little."

"Ok, well it's concerning the ball, but not about the dance."

"Does it have anything to do with Huckleberry?"

"No."

"Ok. I can live with that."

"Brandon asked me to the dance!"

"Who?"

"The Rebel." She said, sounding annoyed.

"Oh ya... That's awesome Riles!"

"Thanks. And now, I'm going to hide in the janitors closet."

"W-Why? Why would you do that?"

"Four words. Dance. Rebel. My. Dad." She said, counting them off on her fingers.

"Smart girl." I said as she ran off. As soon as she left, Ranger Rick walked up to me.

"Hey, Clutterbucket. Have you seen Riley."

"Yeah. Why?"

"I'm gonna...ask her to the dance."

"Finally!"

"Shut up, Shortstack."

"Whatever, Cowboy. She went that way." I say as I point to the direction she just ran off in. "But someone already-" he raced off before I could finish. "-asked her." I finished quietly. "Well, this gonna be fun." I said as I closed my locker and started walking away.

£

Lucas's POV
I ran to catch up to Riley (who, for some reason, was walking really fast) and jumped in front of her to stop her. "Hey!" I said, thankful for my athlete lungs, otherwise I would be too out of breath to ask her.

She stopped, surprised, but the relaxed and smiled. "Oh. Hey, Lucas."

"Um, Riley?"

"Yeah?"

"I really need to ask you something."

"Oh! I really need to tell you something!"

"O-Ok. You first."

"Ok! Brandon asked me to the dance!" Riley said, bouncing on her toes of excitement.

"And you said..." I asked, fear striking my heart.

"I said yes. Duh!" She said, hitting my shoulder.

"Oh. Um... I gotta go..t-to class." I said, trying to get away fast.

"Yeah. I gotta go hide from my dad. 'Cause when he finds out..."

"Yeah." I said, forcing a dry laugh, turning away.

"Wait!" She yelled, as I turned to her once more.

"Yeah?"

"You wanted to ask me something...?"

"Oh! Yeah, never mind. It's...it's not important." I say as she turns and runs to the janitor's closet. "Anymore... Dammit. I should've gone first!"

Sorry for the missing chapter guys. Wattpad is malfunctioning again. Please don't kill me! Anyway another chapter going up soon!