Chapter 7: The Dress

Riley's POV
"Come on, Maya! Get out here and show me." I yelled. The Winter Ball was 3 days away and we were shopping at Demolition for dresses.

"No!" She yelled back.

"Please, peaches."

"Fine!" She says as she pulls back the curtain and stomps out.

"Yee!" I say. She appeared in as blue puffy dress that came a little above her knees and jewels on the bodice. The dress itself was ok, I guess. But on Maya, (no offense) it looked like a train wreck.

"Yeah, ya think?"

"Ok, moving on, my turn." I jumped up and ran into the dressing room with the, like, umpteenth dress. A few minutes later, I came out and Maya froze.

"Whoa... Riley?"

"What? What's wrong with it?" It wasn't that bad. Just a purple silk dress that reached mid-calf.

"Nothing. It's...perfect."

"You really think so?" I asked looking in the full-length mirror.

"Yeah. Brandon's gonna love it."

"Yeah, hopefully... Wait. Did you actually just call him Brandon?"

"Yeah, well. If you're gonna date him, I might as well try to learn his name. I just can't believe I got it right."

"Awww!" I say as I walk back to change back into my Paris shirt and old jeans. When I came back out, Audrey came up to us.

"Hey, guys. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Actually yeah. We're shopping for dresses for the Winter Ball. I found one that's amazing but Maya is having some...difficulties." I say as I shoved Maya forward. Audrey circled Maya, looking her up and down.

"Hmm. I'll be right back." And with that, she walked off.

£

Maya's POV
"Hmm. I'll be right back." Audrey says and walks off. I groan as I go back to the dressing room to change back into my jeans and yellow stereo shirt. As I came out, I got bombarded with dresses. For the next 20 minutes, I was in a haze of lace, fabric, and ribbon. After the 500th dress, I came out and Riley gasped.

"That dress is perfect for you!" Riley squeeled.

"Really? You think so?" I asked. I was wearing a red, almost maroon, dress with black lace covering half the dress continuing after the fabric, which stopped at the knee, to mid-calf. It also had black lace sleeves all the way to my wrists.

"Absolutely!"

"Do you think my...date will like it?"

"Your what?!!" She asked, jumping off the couch in surprise. Well thanks.

"Yeah, I actually have a date this year." I said, enjoying the truth of that statement for a moment.

"Again I say, what?"

"Don't sound so surprised."

"Sorry. So...come on, tell me. I'm not gonna beg."

"What?"

"Who is it?"

"Umm...-"

"So is this it?" Audrey asked as she walked up. Thank God.

"Uh, yeah, I guess." I said gratuitously.

"Well it sure suits you."

"Thanks... I think."

£

We started walking home and, thankfully, Riley seemed to forgotten about the whole date thing.

"Well I have to go. Gammy's waiting for me at home." I say, but truthfully, I just wanted to get home before she remembered our previous topic of discussion.

"Oh, yeah, ok. But you have to come over Friday so we can get ready for Saturday."

"Yeah, yeah, I will. Umm, see ya at school?"

"Yeah." She says as she skips away.

When I turned the corner I ran into a certain NYU student...

A/N Haha. Cliffhanger! I'm sorry,  but I had to. Who do you think it is? I think we all know who it is, but go ahead and guess in the comment section below, anyway!