Chapter 11: The Dates

Brandon's POV
As I stood against the wall by the door, I see Lucas lean against the arm of a chair. I crossed by arms across my chest and stared him down. He just folded his hands in front of him, and kept his head down. He looked up once. Then I narrowed my eyes, giving him a look, and you wouldn't believe how fast he looked away!

Lucas's POV
Oh my lord, Jesus. Why is he looking at me? He's, like, staring me down! I thought as I looked up to see if the girls were ready. Big mistake! I think to myself, because he caught my eye, giving me a look, narrowing his eyes. You best believe I looked away fast.

Maya's POV
"Huh?"

"Maya, you're my best friend. If you're happy with Lucas, then I'm happy, too."

"A-kaaay." I say, really confused. "But you've liked Lucas for the longest time. How can you just...not anymore?"

"We've been through this, Maya. I never really liked him. Just the idea of him. He's not the person I thought he was. And that's okay... For you. But I don't want to be with someone like that."

All of sudden, my confusion melted away, and was replaced by anger. Who the hell does she think she is?

"Oh, I get it! You're too good for him, but somehow we're perfect for each other?"

"No, Maya, it's not like. Before I knew what he was like, I thought we were perfect for each other. But now, I know you would be so right together, but also good for each other."

"What do you mean by 'good for each other'?"

"When you're mad, like really mad, so mad that you're about to make a mistake, he will pull you back, physically. And drag you back to reality, emotionally. And when he gets angry, as in Texas Lucas angry, you make him laugh, calm him down, talk to him. I honestly don't know how you do it. You inspire each other. You give each other something to fight for. You two compliment each other perfectly. It's like you were made for each other. And to be honest, I kinda have been wanting this to happen for a while. I kinda tried my best to make it happen, actually."

"Wait, so you've just been...planning my life out for me? I don't think I like that, Riley. I don't even know if I like Lucas that way."

"Well, then why are you going with him?"

I thought about her (slightly sarcastic) question. I honestly don't know. Why did i ever agree to this stupid plan. I mean, I knew Riley doesn't like him like that anymore. Is it possible that i like him? I thought. No! He's Ranger Rick... And Huckleberry... And Bucky McBoingBoing. I concluded. But, yet, a part of me argued. But can he possibly be my Ranger Rick. My Huckleberry. My Bucky McBoingBoing?

Wait.

Could I possibly like Lucas Friar?