Chapter 13: Told You So

A/N Sorry for the sucky picture guys it's the best I could find. Any who, here's chapter 13, so ya...

Lucas's POV
"So, do you think it's working?" Maya yelled at me, over the music. I shrugged. "Do you even care?" She asked, slightly shocked.

"I guess." I yell back. She chuckled.

"What is wrong with you?" She asks.

"You tell me." I countered. Just as I said that, a dance song came on. She gasped and looked at me.

"Is this...?" She starts.

"May I have this dance, ma'am?" I say, winking. She took my hand, then we danced the routine that had been burned into our minds for the past six months. The song ended in a half-dip thingy.(A little too soon, I may add.) We laughed as we sat down at our table.

"What was that?" Riley asked, leaning over the table.

"What?"

"That." She says, pointing at the dance floor.

"Oh well-" Maya and I both started, then looked at each other and laughed.

"You tell it." Maya tells me.

"Ok, well six months ago, my cousin stayed with us, while her parents were visiting Texas, but she had a final." Everyone nodded, indicating that they were following so far. "So, somehow, she managed to drag me and Maya to her dance class, since she was over at my house because we were working on a History project. Anyway, it was like a mix of hip-hop and ballet. So, we kinda just picked it up there."

"Wow, that's crazy." Farkle says.

"Well, I'm kinda in the dancing mood myself. Riley?" Brandon said, standing and extending his hand towards her. She nodded, took his hand, and followed him to the dance floor. After a few moments of Maya and I catching out breath, a slow song came on.

"I'm gonna go get some punch." Maya says, standing up. I stand up also, but I took her hand, dragging her back.

"Maya, it's a slow song. If there's any chance of making Riley jealous, it's now." You liar, I think to myself. You don't really care about Riley. Not like that, anyway. You just wanna dance with her. Once. Because you know you won't get to do it again, especially not anytime soon.

"Fine!" She says, rolling her eyes, and I smile. She's so cute when she's annoyed.

We danced to the song, swaying side to side. She glanced up at me, and I dared to look down at her.

That was one of the worst mistakes of my life.

Why, you ask? Because as soon as I stared into her piercing blue eyes, I couldn't look away. We just stood there, still and staring into each other's eyes. We hadn't even noticed the song had changed until Farkle bumped into us.

"Oh, sorry. Whatcha doin?" He asked, way too innocently. Maya glanced at both of us, briefly, and stormed away. Farkle watched her storm away. Then turned to me, and punched me in the arm.

"Ow?" I say, laughing. "What was that for?"

"What did you do?" He asked, and I watched Maya's disappearing form.

"I...don't know." I say, confused. "What have I done?"