Chapter 6: You Asked Who?!

Lucas's POV
"You did what?" Farkle asked as we sat down on the bench outside History.

"I asked Maya to the dance." I said probably for the sixth time that minute and rolled my eyes yet again. Farkle's mouth hung wide open and he was expressionless, and looked like he was in a freeze frame.

"What?" I asked as I waved my hand in front of his face, trying to get him to come back to reality. "Farkle?"

"Why would you ask Maya to the dance? Last time I checked, you were in love with Riley!"

"Yeah, but she's going with Brandon. And I figured the best way to make her jealous is to go with her best friend. See? Simple." He looked at me like I was crazy.

"What kind of twisted logic do you...Texans have?" He says with a confused as hell expression on his face.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Farkle. What could go wrong?"

"Lucas, have you seen any time travel movie...ever?" He said as I nod, amused.

"What is the one thing that is always consistent in those types of movies?"

"I don't know, Farkle. The science geek?" I say as he gives me a look.

"No. Side effects! Changing things." He says.

"Don't worry, Farkle. Nothing's gonna change between Riley and I." He looked at me for the longest time, then finally broke the indefinite silence.

"I'm not talking about Riley."