Being Apart Only Makes It Worse

Luhan's POV

"I-i like you, I think I may love you...." I whispered. I know his answer but I had to say it, get it off my chest. I felt better saying it, but the rejection that would come made me question if it was worth it.

"I think I like you too.." Sehun said, still looking at me through the mirror. "But we can't be together." He sighed.

The smile I had in my face faded as soon as it had come, instead being replaced with a frown. "Why not?" I asked. I may have sounded like a child but I don't care.

"Because I don't know if I really like you like that, and even if I did it'd be too dangerous for you anyway." Sehun replied, unwrapping my arms from his torso and turning to face me. I wanted to go to Baekhyun and cry, but I couldn't, he's most likely with Chanyeol and I don't even want to risk walking in on those two.

"Is it because of what happened to you?" I asked, trailing my hand over the patch of skin just under where the stitches were, making sure not to actually touch them.

"That's part of it. I'm not risking you getting involved in any of this. You need to get over me, the sooner the better. I lose whatever feelings I have for you if there are any and you'll do the same. Go it?"

"What?! No, not got it! Sehun what the fuck, how do you think I'm just going to stop loving you?!" I exclaimed, not caring if I woke up the sleeping couple. I was beyond pissed as well as on the verge of tears I didn't care who heard my yelling.

"Sh calm down, people are sleeping. And plus, I'm sure what you're feeling is mixed up anyway. You don't really love me, never have never will. We are simply friends and that's all okay?" Sehun said. I could hear the regret and panic in his voice.

"I will not calm down! You're standing here trying to tell me that not only do you want me to lose my feelings for you, but you're telling me that my feelings are wrong? Oh Sehun I know how I feel, you can push me away but I won't lose feeling for you. That's not how love works." I nearly shouted.

"Just go. It'd be better for us both if you did. You should go and think over your feelings, lose whatever real feelings you have for me. It will be easy on us both in the long run, trust me." Sehun said, looking out the window and into the streets of town.

"I actually can't believe you." I scoffed.

"Just get the hell out!" Sehun yelled, pushing me a little too hard, my back hitting the doorknob causing me to groan in pain. "Just go, I don't want to hurt you anymore and that's what will happen I already know it." He said more quiet.

"Like father like son, isn't that what they always say?" Sehun laughed dryly. "If that's true then you wouldn't want to be anywhere near me, now go.." He looked at the floor, then up at me.

I got up, my back still aching, opened the door and walked down the hall knocking on Chanyeol's door. It opened almost immediately.

"Baek..." I started, only to be cut off by Baekhyun hugging me. I had to use all the strength in my body not to break down and cry right then.

Baekhyun nodded at Chanyeol and walked me down the stairs and out to my car, me getting in the passengers seat and Baek in the drivers.

When we got to Baekhyun's, he drug me over to sit on the couch before hugging me. As soon as his arms wrapped around my neck I broke, every piece of my heart breaking and crashing down like a window after being hit with a baseball bat. The rejection hurt the least, I would've been fine with only being his friend but him telling me to leave and forget my feelings for him? It just wasn't possible to do.

"Lulu, tell me what happened please. Chanyeol and I heard you two yelling and I got really worried." Baekhyun said, running one hand up and down my back soothingly, running his fingers through my hair with the other.

I took deep, shaky breathes, trying to stop the tears. After a while I finally stopped, explaining to Baekhyun what happened.

"That fucker! He hurt you and I'm going to make him pay for that!" Baekhyun stood up, almost shouting.
I flinched at his raising voice and his face softened, he sat back down hugging me yet again and I sighed.

"Don't. I'll just do what he said too, I'll avoid him  and stop having feelings for him." Baekhyun pulled away from me.

" Lu that's not how love works, I know it and you know it. You can't just forget about who you love."

"I know..."

***((Monday Morning))

"Lu! Let's go!" Baekhyun yelled from downstairs. I sighed, doing up my tie and going downstairs, grabbing my backpack and walking out.

When we got to school our group was waiting at our usual table for us, Baekhyun smiled skipping over to them. I put on a forced smile, hugging them all before we walked to first period. Sehun was sitting in the back of the class as usual. He looked fine, like nothing was wrong like we never fought.

*

Lunch came around and I was sitting with the others like usual, but today Tao was seated on Kris' lap. Kris has never sat with us before, but since he and Tao are now together I guess he'll be joining us more.
One if Sehun's friends walked over to us, I think his name was Ravi, slamming his hand down on the table. I just continued staring blankly at the table not caring about what bullshit he had to say.

"Hey deer boy, I heard you were annoying Sehun, why don't you back the fuck off. He doesn't love you, hell he doesn't even like you." He scoffed. I didn't reply.

"Hey I'm talking to you!" Ravi grabbed my collar, pulling me up and shoving me against the nearby wall. The whole cafeteria was silent, everyone staring at us. I hated everyone staring, but I didn't care at this point.

"Stay the fuck away from Sehun or there will be consequences." He growled.

Ravi raised his fist, punching me in the cheek a couple times but still holding me up by the collar of my shirt so I couldn't fall down. I used what little strength I had left to catch his fist before he punched me again.

"I don't care! I don't care what you do, I won't bother your precious Sehun anymore, okay!? Will that make you fucking happy and leave me alone?" I screamed, tears streaming down my face.

I still didn't care that people were staring, let them stare, let them have a fucking show. I glanced over at Sehun's table and saw Chanyeol looking guilty and Sehun staring with a smirk on his face.

I pushed Ravi away, going over to Sehun and slapping him. It hurt me to do that and I hated it, I hated that I fell in love with him in the first place. I regretted the action though as Sehun harshly grabbed my wrist, twisting it to the point that I thought it would break but I wouldn't let out a cry, I refused.

"Sehun! Stop!" Chanyeol yelled, grabbing Sehun's hair harshly and pulling it forcing him to release my wrist.

I held my wrist tightly as Baekhyun came over to me, trying to pull me away, but I couldn't move. Chanyeol now held Sehun's jacket collar, harshly pulling him out of the cafeteria while the shorter struggled behind him. Baekhyun finally got my attention, pulling me by my good wrist to leave school.