Chapter 51

The nomination stage in The Michael Jackson Fanfiction Awards ends tonight! Go now, or forever hold your peace! This is your only chance to have your say- there is no voting stage! There are only a few hours left!

Good luck to all!

Skipper's POV

"I'm sorry." I finish off my story with that statement, and suck in a huge and cold breath.

The Met Gala is beautiful really, it's like a ballroom, decked out with red ribbons and fancy tables with white tablecloths and shiny silver. Waiters and waitresses drift around the room, dressed in suits and aprons, holding trays of sparkling gold liquid in tall glasses. There is a stage with a classical band, and a big black piano next to that. It's a mesmerizing room, but I am distracted by the look on Michael's face.

And the fact that Michael pulled me into the corner, and wouldn't let me leave until I explained why I had The Clan's tattoo on my lower back.

Michael's eyes are bulging from his face, his jaw is dropped. I cannot tell if he hates me, or admires me but I really hope that it isn't either of them. "Like I said, I didn't join because I have any kind of feelings for Jay, I just wanted to spite Daddy."

He recovers quickly, and I wait nervously for his reaction. My stomach quivers, and I break a cold sweat. Slowly but surely, his face conforms to... happiness. A wide grin slowly spreads across his face, and his eyes light. "Really? Really?" He's as eager as a fat kid in a candy store, easing toward me.

"What?" "I am your ride or die, baby, and if you're in on The Clan, then I'm with you all the way." He grabs my waist, and pulls me into his chest, and squeezes me tightly. He smells like cinnamon and cologne, just like always. Simple pleasure replaces the fear that had resided in my chest, and I let my eyelids fall closed. "Thank you, Michael. You have no idea how much that means to me."

"Of course, love." He murmurs softly in my ear. His fingers explore the tattoo on my back, gently prodding my skin. "You wanna... get out of here later, and... spite 'Daddy' some more?" His voice has lowered, taking on the tone of passion and desire. "What?" I look up at him. "You know... have some... fun?"

"Michael!" I scoff. "I'm done with The Clan, and I don't want you to accept my terrible behavior just because I did it to make my dad angry." I furrow my eyebrows, and study him. He shrugs, leaning down and brushing my forehead with his lips. "I don't see why it matters. I don't care if you got some... sick thrill out of doing what you did, I just like the fact that you were being independent. Like my old Skip."

"Michael..." "So, you wanna do it?" "I told you, I quit The Clan." "Number one, you can't quit the clan, even I know that. Number two, I meant do it, as in intercourse." I cringe, and make a face. "Gross, don't call it 'intercourse.'" "Why not?" "That's disgusting, it sounds so... inhumane. No, we're not having sex."

"Ugh, why not?" He groans melodramatically, slumping against me. "I have needs," He then whispers energetically, and I giggle. "Look, Daddy told me he doesn't want me to have sex. I had sex with you anyways, and he took my keys. I just now got my car back, and I really don't want to lose it again." He mocks me with an over-exaggerated eye roll, "That's not rebel talk. Come on, baby, who says he has to know?"

"Michael, please. Don't force me to choose between you and him. I love you both, and I couldn't." "Love?" He frowns. "He's my father." He shrugs. "But I love you more." He leans close again, and places a kiss on my cheek. "Michael."

"I'm not gonna apologize." "I'm not telling Daddy, and I'm certainly done with The Clan. It was stupid, and I should've never gotten involved." "I know, I know." His mouth is warm as it presses against mine, smothering my words. I pull away quickly, and back up a step. "What is wrong with you?" I half laugh, but he just grins. "Sorry, I... just keep imagining you and the whole Clan thing, and... it's turning me on."