Chapter 22

A/N: Hey lovelies!

I can't tell you how much fun I have reading your comments sometimes *laughing emoji* I always get dirty looks from the people around me from laughing so hard, whether it's rants about how much you hate the characters, or just "update" I appreciate every single one!

"HERE YOU GO AGAIN MICHAEL YOU AND YOUR BIPOLAR DISORDER IM SURE KURT COBAIN GOT SOME LITHIUM IN HIS HEART SHAPED BOX SOMEWHERE JUST HANG ON UNTIL HE FINDS IT AND WHILE HES SEARCHING YOU CAN PROBABLY LOWER YOUR ASSHOLENESS LEVEL A BIT"
--penguinstyle

One of my favorite comments from the series lol!

That is why I created Twitter and Instagram accounts for Love Symbol! I love interacting with you all!! Tweet me and follow :) Links are below my bio! Love you all:)

****

I turn around slowly. Fear has a tight grip around my neck as I lay eyes on X, who stands leaning against one of the mirrors surrounding the changing rooms.

"The whole... school girl gone bad look you've got going on? Very vogue." I open my mouth to respond, but my mouth has turned to sandpaper, keeping me from making any sound whatsoever.

"Surprised to see me?" "What're you doing here?" My voice finally returns to me as I cross my arms tightly. "What, I can't go shopping too?" He teases with a wink, flipping the collar of his leather jacket. He's got the 'bad boy' look down really, slick hair, black boots, cigarette behind his ear. He couldn't get more stereotypical.

"Did you follow me in here?" He just stares at me, a hungry look in his eyes. "Don't flatter yourself." I scoff, turning back to the mirror, and self consciously tug at the hem of the skirt. His eyes study me in the mirror, the distortion makes it look like he's standing right beside me.

"Are you going to buy that?" "Is there something you want?" I place a hand on my hip, turning around. "Relax, darling. I was coming from my home, and I happened to walk into Bergdorf's."

"Your home?" "Yes, across the street from my brother's. My penthouse is better of course." "You bought a penthouse? Aren't you just here while Will's in jail? The trial is in a week." He shrugs. "I like New York, it's quite large. Reminds me of London. I'd always wanted to have a home here, so I bought one."

I walk into my changing room, and close the door behind me, changing quickly back into my regular clothes. I know there's a door between us, but for some reason I feel like he can see me.

I take the clothes I want to buy and leave the dressing rooms, X trailing behind me. "How are you planning to pay for that?" "I have money."

We approach the checkout, and as the worker scans my purchases, X leans against the counter. "Where'd you get that money?" He nods to the hundreds of dollars I have clenched in my fist. "255.99." The worker smacks her wad of gum. I hold out the bills, but X cuts me off, holding out his debit card.

"I've got it." He gives a strange smile as the worker runs the card. "Have a nice day."

I frown at X as he follows me out of the store. "You didn't go home after I dropped you off, did you?" "It doesn't matter, and it doesn't concern you." I walk down the sidewalk, searching the streets for a cab. Since I still have three hundred dollars, I think I can afford to take one instead of walking twenty blocks in the slush to the Hospital.

"Oh really?" "Yeah, I don't need you worrying about me. I can take care of myself." "You say that a lot." "Do I? And how would you know that? You literally met me yesterday." I place my hands on my hips, staring back at him. He chuckles deeply. "You're too cute. Just... adorable." He begins to walk quickly down the sidewalk.