Chapter 19

Skipper's POV

My heartbeat becomes erratic with excitement as I inch down the wall, straining to withhold my giggles.

"Oh really? Maxine is your name?" X smoothly sings to the previously irritated secretary, who is now leaning over her desk with stars in her eyes. "Yes, and how long will you be here? You know, in America?" Her voice is gross, she probably sounds more manly than X does.

He winks at me over her shoulder, so that it looks like he is winking to 'Maxine,' When really he is telling me to slip into the visiting room already.

I dart into the empty visiting room, shutting the door silently, and then pressing my ear to it. "So, you don't mind if I go back in there with my brother do you, Maxine?" "Well, it's past visiting hours now, I'm going home in ten minutes." I can hear how much he's charmed her with his serpentine, it's almost sickening.

"Oh, please Maxine? I really need to talk to him." "Sure, just a few minutes though. I'll call back for him." "Thank you." The door opens a few seconds later, and X walks in with a smug smile. "You owe me." "Owe you what? I'm pretty broke at the moment."

"Oh, I don't want money. I have plenty." His laugh shoots uncomfortable chills down my spine. There is a loud buzz, before a tall figure in orange walks into the room. On the other side of the glass, or course.

Will lets out a yawn. "Damn, can't a criminal have his rest?" I chuckle softly, staring at the floor. "Would you rather sleep, or see me?" His head snaps up, his eyes locking on me, and brightening.

"Junior... what? How?" He hurriedly takes a seat, and I take the one across from him. "I have my ways."

"Oh come now, give me some credit." I hear X complain from behind me, leaning against the unsanitary wall. "Ok, he helped a little bit." Will's eyes narrow for a second, dragging between X and I. So why wasn't I your phone call?" I tease, as he rolls his eyes.

"Well, you don't have a phone. They trace all the calls, so that would've made my situation worse. Aren't you on Dorm Arrest?"

"So she's a university student. Nice." "Not quite." I throw back over my shoulder. "And why would that make anything worse? It's not like it's evidence for the court or something." I laugh. He just stares at me, blinking occasionally.

"No..." I make the revelation. "Yeah. Your old man's pressing charges. Statutory rape." I grip the counter harder than I should, my eyes screwing shut with anger. What the hell is wrong with Sperm Donor? Can't he fuck off for once? A court case is too much, way too much. And he didn't even have the balls to tell me?

"Don't worry about that. I'll get him to drop the charges." "And how will you do that?" "Promise to... Stay away from
you or something." He laughs, shaking his blonde and messy head. "You don't exactly keep your promises, do you?" I shrug. "Sure I do."

"It's past midnight. You're supposed to be at school right now, but where are you?" I chuckle. "But... I didn't promise to be there, did I?" He gives me a genuine smile, before finally grabbing the phone on the wall and talking through it. "Tell me again how you got here?" His voice is substantially quieter now, making it so that only I can hear.

"Um, your brother X helped me." His eyes close for a moment, and he lets out a long and exaggerated breath. "How exactly?" I giggle. "Well, I met him in a bar-" "Oh god." "And then we talked for a while... He's decent at flirting I guess." "Flirting?" His face darkens. "It's no big deal. We played darts-" "You played a game with him!" His voice is riddled with horror. "Apparently, he likes games. Can I finish my story please? I asked him to help me, and now we're here."