Chapter 40

Michael's POV

I watch her finally relax against the bed, as her whimpers and moans slowly fade away. I don't lay beside her, too mesmerized by the view of her naked body... and then too riddled by guilt.

She giggles for the fiftieth time, clenching the sheets in her hands, just like she did when I was inside of her. I offered to run to my place to get a condom this time, but she didn't want that. Now that she only has one Fallopian tube, it's 'impossible' for her to get pregnant.

"Michael," She swallows, reaching up for me. "Please don't leave this time." A stronger pang of guilt ricochets around my chest, when I think of our last experience with sex. Thankfully, that didn't seem to taint this experience. She was a goddamned wild woman, and I loved every second of it. I like to be dominant, but I'll make an exception for her this one time.

"I'm not leaving, I promise." I've caught my breath now, my bottom half tangled in the sheets. She sits up slowly, studying me. "Is something wrong?" She looks worried now, but I love that her eyes have life again. "No, baby, nothing's wrong." "You don't regret this, do you?" Her voice is small, and it panics me.

"No, no, I love you, and I loved what we just did. There's no fucking way I could regret doing this with you." "You love me?" She grins, and I roll my eyes. Like she didn't know that. "More than life itself." "I love you even more," She playfully purrs in my ear, unaware that I have been waiting for her to say that forever. I ignore the butterflies who have found a home in my stomach, and fight off a grin. The person who means the most to me in life has finally confessed her love for me.

My eyes drift down to weirdly colored spots on her skin, around her ankle. Bruises. "What happened here?" I question her, lightly tracing the marks with my finger. She doesn't meet my eyes, clearing her throat uncomfortably. "X... He did that. It doesn't hurt though," She quickly tries to make up for it. That fucking bastard, if she hadn't killed him already... Marking up my girl's beautiful skin...

"So then... If you don't regret having sex with me, what's wrong?" Her eyes are huge now, full of wonder. "I just feel... a little guilty, for taking advantage of you like that, right after... you know... what happened?" It's her turn to roll her eyes now, laughing at my legitimate pain. "You're ridiculous. 'Take advantage of me?' You were there for the past hour and a half weren't you? That was all me." True, but I still feel guilty. "I know, I know."

She sits up beside me now, with a smug smile. "Don't feel guilty. It's what I needed, and definitely what I wanted."
I just look at her. She seems truthful enough. "Alright." She sighs, taking my hand, and placing it on her inner thigh.
"Are you still guilty?" She arches one eyebrow. My eyes drift to her leg, then upward to meet hers. "Um... a little."

She grins, bringing my hand all the way up her leg. "Now?" I brush her hand off, letting my fingers slide inside of her. It's warm.

She gasps, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Still guilty?" She whimpers. "Not at all." I push her back against the bed, climbing on top of her to continue my assault.

I watch her squirm under the spell of my fingers, and feel the guilt slowly leeching out of me with every moan she expels.

****

Skipper's POV

After a long shower, I walk to the kitchen, feeling like I'm floating inches off of the ground. X still encroaches in the back of my mind, but Michael has taken over. I forgot how enjoyable regular sex can be, and my experience with Michael has partially overwritten my terrible experience with X. It's amazing how much a simple lay can do for me. Especially with Michael.