The Underworld Pt. 4

We collapsed onto the ground, emerging from the shadows. I looked toward Nico and tried to cover the look of shock on my face. He gave me a crooked grin.

"I look that bad, huh?" He looked paler then before. His eyes had darkened and he breathed more heavily.

"Nico are you okay?" I said concerned. I couldn't let him get hurt, he was my only chance. "Should we stop to rest?"

"No, that'll only slow us down. Will help me." Will nodded and grabbed Nico's arm. He closed his eyes and recited an incantation. He gave Nico some ambrosia.

"Where'd you get that from?" Will looked up.

"Never leave without some. Never know when you'll need it." He smiled. "There that should do it." Nico took a shallow breath. Will helped him get up, Nico staggered a bit. I grabbed his arm and he politely pushed it away.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He sure didn't look like he was. The ambrosia made his breath come out steadier but he still was pale.

"Nico are you sure?" He nodded.

"Nico sit down right now." Will ordered. My eyes widened as Nico obeyed.

"Will I'm fine." Nico whined.

"Does this always happen when you shadow travel?" I asked, worried.

"It didn't used to. After the war, a lot of my power became weaker because of bringing the Athena Parthenos back to camp." Nico looked down as Will grabbed his hand.

"He just needs some rest for a few days, but he doesn't listen. He can get his energy back only if he stops using magic and shadow travelling everywhere."

"Nico, listen to Will. We need you for this, please." Nico slowly got up.

"I'll rest later, we need to move."

"Why?"

"I didn't realize where we were until now, we need to get you out of here fast." I looked around, the sky was darker than before. Deciduous trees were scattered over dark soil and ashes. Close to us, was a cliff that appeared to have no pit.

"Where are we exactly?" I tried not to freak. I'm a god, I cannot show fear. I must not. I stepped toward the cliff and looked down.

Ah, you do not know where you stand? Why don't you jump off that cliff and you'll see.

"Don't listen." Nico warned. "It's Tartarus messing with you." I scrambled away from the cliff, getting away from it.

"Why are we-"

"Someone, probably my father redirected us to here."

"Okay so where do we go now?"

Why don't you come over here? I can find your son for you. Just come here, closer, closer...

"Come closer..." Nico grabbed my hand.

"Hermes let's get out of here, it's not safe for a god to be near here."

"No, I need to jump-" Will grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

"Snap out of it." He hissed. I yanked away from his reach and head toward the cliff. I stepped closer to the edge.

"Hermes no!" Nico screamed. He lunged toward me as I went to jump. I stepped and all of a sudden the cliff vanished and we were in a field of green. I shook my head and turned. There, lying on the ground was Nico, who was steaming. Will stood over, shaking as he chanted.

"What-?"

"He saved you. You were about to jump into Tartarus and Nico shadow travelled. But he was weak already and now he's- he's disappearing." I looked at Nico, it was true, I can see through him and he was fading slowly, as he was becoming a shadow himself.

"What do we do?"

"I've used up all the nectar and ambrosia, for now... we hope I guess."

"Have you ever feared that whatever you hoped for will never come true?" He looked up, his eyes were watering.

"Every single day of my life." Will managed to say, his voice quitter than a whisper.

"Maybe I can do something." Will wiped his eyes.

"Like what?" I chuckled.

"Did you forget I was a god?"

"But if you use your magic Hades will find us and you won't be able to see Luke."

"I know but I can't let him die either." I snapped back. an incantation.

"Now what?" Will's voice cracked.

"We wait."

Minutes later.....

Nico immediately sat up, coughing.

"Nico!" Will lunged at him for a hug.

"Ow." Nico groaned.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Better I guess."

"Good because now you are leaving." Growled a voice. In sync, all three of us turned to see a very angry Hades standing on his chariot.

"Dad I-" Hades raised his hand.

"I want no word from you. Now Hermes will you leave or do I have to throw you out personally?" Hades bellowed.

"No matter how many times you throw me out I will come back until you let me see my son." I growled back.

"You know what FINE. As long as you leave and never come back unless it's for a official Olympus business. But I will only give you an hour and you leave without me telling you." Tears came to my eyes.

"Thank you Hades I swear on the River Styx I'll leave. Thank you." I said.

"Go now, before I change my mind." He yelled. I walked toward Nico and thanked him.

"No problem."

"Now about that wish.."

"I don't need it." He replied.

"What?" The word sprang from my mouth immediately. "Why not?"

"No I still want the wish." I smiled. "But not for this. I need to do it myself, I need to keep hope."

"Okay." I started walking and gave Will a wave of my hand as he smiled and returned it. I turned and started to walk to the field where I would finally see my son.

Minutes later...

I climbed up the path and saw him. The tears that had longed to shed for a long time streamed down my face.

"Luke." My voice cracked.

"Luke!" I yelled a bit louder. He looked around, trying to see where the sound came from.

"LUKE!" I yelled, waving my arms. I ran toward him.

"Dad?" His voice croaked.

"Son I- I can't believe I finally get to see you." Luke's eyes widened.

"How did you get here?" I chuckled.

"It's a long story but I'll tell you a bit later. I came here to tell you that- that... I love you son." A smile slowly emerged on his face.

"I know dad, I know." Luke whispered and pulled me in for a hug.

"I know."

FINALLY DONE. Sorry I couldn't post this sooner. I didn't really have anything to post because my Ipad was taken away and my laptop stopped working. Apparently I was on it too much... oops:) Anyways, well I guess this book is finally done and I should start the second part, and I am so thankful for all you guys. You guys have voted for this book and commented and I just can't explain how awesome this is for me. Please read the second book. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :)

-ROBYNOOR