The Underworld Pt. 3

HERMES POV'S

"Do you understand the plan?" Nico asked. I nodded. We were crouched behind a bush by the gates of the underworld. Will was admiring the flowers. "Will, focus." Nico snapped. Will broke out of his trance. "We only get one chance." I revised the plan again in my head. It was simple and it was my original plan that backfired.

Step one: Distract Cerberus.

"Ok ready and..... NOW!" Nico sprinted out of the bush and straight at Cerberus. He waved the red ball and threw it. He gave us the signal and we ran. We made it behind Cerberus who was now running at Nico. Nico stood there, eyes closed and blank.

"What is he doing?!" I panicked.

"Concentrating." Will replied. He breathed heavily. Two more steps and.... We made it! I turned and saw Cerberus lying down. Where did Nico go?

"Hey glad you got here." Nico said. I jumped.

"How did you get here?!" We were at a path that was covered in ashes. It was cracked and led a crooked way.

"I shadowtravelled." I shook my head in astonishment.

"I forgot you could do that." He looked at me, no past me, into the reddish pink sky.

"Yeah, well gods tend to forget a lot of things." He replied, sounding a bit broken. I stared at him sadly, wondering what he must be thinking. Nico shakes his head. "Anyway, we should get moving, we don't want to stay in one place too long."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I said, starting to walk. "Where to next commander Goth boy?" He looked up me, his eyes darkening.

"Never, I mean never call me Goth boy." He threatened. I chuckled. He raised his eyebrows.

"Oh, then what else should I call you? Ghost-"

"Let's quickly get moving." Will cut in quickly.

"Why? I'll stop talking okay? Jeez a guy can't joke anymore? Now, you should've seen the guys back in the fifteenth century. Now they would get me." I replied.

"No it's just that I don't know maybe you would be concerned if there was a small army of skeletons MARCHING OUR WAY!" He said pointing at the hill we just passed. I squinted and could see a few figures emerging. He was right. At least seventy skeletons were on the hill each with armor and a sword. They were clearly looking for something, for us.

"Oh no." Nico said and uttered a word so bad, I was surprised he even knew it existed. "They found us."

"Who?"

"The President of America." Nico said pokerfaced. "Who do you think!? My father obviously!"

"Well I'm sorry!" I yelled back.

"Um, why don't you guys argue later, I think we should get going." Will interrupted, looking concerned. I nodded along with Nico. We all broke into a run, aiming towards well I don't exactly know where.

"Uh, Nico do you know where we are going?" He looked at me while running, he looked insulted.

"Nooo, of course I don't know where I am going, I'm only in like my father's realm."

"Jeez, will you lay off with the sarcasm? Now I am definitely sure Percy has rubbed off on you." Nico looked at me and slapped his forehead.

"How could I forget?!" He yelled at himself.

"How could you forget what?" Nico stopped running and grabbed Will. "Nico, please tell me your not having a breakdown because this is not the time for-"

"I'm not having a breakdown!" He grabbed my arm and Will's and concentrated. "Don't panic." He said as we faded into the shadows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my peoples! I know this story is getting too long and it's probably boring but I can't think of an ending. I promise the next chapter is the ending and that will be the end of my first book! I hope you guys will check out my new one but I'll talk about it more in the next chapter.

In all your demigodishness and all that,

PEACE OUT!

-Robynoor