Chapter Twenty

I followed Kieran soberly to a study, much like the one in his manor house.

This whole place is haunted with essences of his old self. 

Kieran turned to peer at me every few seconds, no doubt goaded by the mounting, unfamiliar tension between us.  Drawing back to my side, he attempted to place his hand on my waist. I didn't want to be touched and recoiled from him. 

Hurt, but without intention of saying so, Kieran opened the door of the study and disappeared into the shadows. I hesitated in following after him.

So this is his lair?

Apparently, undeterred by my previous rejection, Kieran returned to the doorway to take my hand and pull me in. And this time I could not kid myself. If only for a moment I wanted my fingers to remind me of what wasn't out of character; Kieran and I sharing secrets in casual touches.

I didn't shake him off and my hand, much like the rest of me, became deliciously numb.

"See, nothing has changed," Kieran whispered, tightening his chilling grasp. Tired and comforted in the unspoken promises of his touch I did not fight, succumbing to those enticing indigo eyes. Kieran led me in. Dim, musty light bleed from a desk lamp as it reached out to smite the shadows.

Much like a marionette, Kieran stroked my every string as he placed me on his desk. My thighs straddled his own, the feeling of something dangerous paralysing my words. I did not blush or incline my face away, my eyes daringly resting upon him.

I was furious, positively venomous and it proved  something of a powerful aphrodisiac.

I dare you to kiss me you egotistical, blinded, indigo eyed jerk.

Kieran's hand cupped my face, brining my yearning lips to his. They were hard, cold; perfect. I couldn't help smiling at the sensations slithering down my spine, through my veins. My hands found his neck, travelling eagerly into his hair as I pulled him roughly towards me. It had been too long since we'd last blurred into one.

Mine. You are mine.

I wanted every breath, every heartbeat to be for me and me alone. Kieran's hands explored my face, my neck, my chest, my waist, my thighs.  Every touch was invigorating as the last.

Kieran's tongue was warm and sweet, worshipping my own.  I grinned.

This was our kiss.

Our breathing became ragged as Kieran beckoned me closer to a lustful ecstasy I had never known before.

"I love you." He sighed, pushing his weight down on top of me.

What?

His lips followed the path of his hands  The sting left on my skin made me shiver though my mind had become unclouded.

Did he just...?

I wanted to see his eyes, the most betraying part of the indigo boy before me.

I grabbed his chin, forcing his lips back to mine and for a moment seeing what I dared not believe.

He was mine.

Grunting, Kieran used one of his hands to pin both of mine above my head. Trembling and confused, I allowed my strings to be pulled and pushed as Kieran's cool lips teasingly brushed my neck. Daringly he sucked at the skin. Then his mouth was on my breasts, hands running the length on my sides. To feel Kieran so close to me after feeling so far...but to think such thoughts was my downfall.