Chapter 63

Charlotte's POV

"You nearly ready Char?" Matt called out to me.

I glanced at myself one more time then grabbed my bag, walking out to the living room where he was waiting for me.

"I'm ready." I told him smiling.

"Well lets go." He said dropping a kiss on my lips. "We don't want to be late."

"Matt." I said following him out the door. "I'm sure we won't be."

Today was my appointment with Dr Applebee. I had to admit I was excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I wasn't sure what to expect and I guess that's what made me nervous.

Matt and I had spent the weekend discussing the up's and down's of this pregnancy, but both of us agreed that we wanted this baby, Matt's only problem was the slight chance that my leukemia might come back, that didn't faze me at all, I would gladly put this baby's health before my own. I wanted this baby and I would do anything to ensure it was safe. I was touched that Matt was concerned about me but I finally made him understand my point of view. I was never supposed to have children, I was told it was virtually impossible, but now, here I was, pregnant with a child to the man I loved more than anything in this world, that was special, to me it was everything. Matt and I had been given a chance, a special chance and I would do anything to protect this baby.

"So." He said, squeezing my leg while driving. "What do you think will happen today?"

"Well considering I've never been pregnant before I have no idea Matthew."

He smiled and shook his head. "Smart ass."

"I don't know Matt." I said taking his hand. "I guess we'll find out soon." I told him as we arrived as the doctors office.

He opened the door for me and as we walked towards the door, I pulled on his hand, making him stop.

"Matt if something....." I took a deep breath. "If something happens, well to our baby.....will you." Great, now I'd started crying. "Will you hate me?"

"Charlotte, god no." He murmured pulling me into his arm's. "Why would you say that?"

I shook my head. "You could have a normal life Matt, a normal life, with a normal girlfriend, you wouldn't have to put the band on hold, you could just be normal."

"I am normal Charlotte." He laughed, hugging me. "We're normal, as normal as can be, and if it meant not having you, then fuck it, I wouldn't want a normal life baby." He murmured, kissing me. "And the band, well you know we've started writing again."

"I know." I whispered. "I just want to make sure."

"And after the wedding, we can settle back into it, get into the studio, start on a new album."

I nodded against his chest, he was right of course, I was just feeling a little emotional.

"And besides Charlotte." He murmured. "You're my number one, you and our baby, you'll always come first okay."

I looked at him and wiped my face. "You'll always come first for me too."

He put his arm around me, guiding me in the door. "Now let's find out what's going on baby, then after this we can concentrate on this weekend."

He was right of course. In the fuss of finding out I was pregnant, this weekend had been pushed to the back of our minds, but this weekend was so important, this weekend was our wedding day and hopefully after this appointment we could relax and enjoy the prospect of our impending marriage.