Chapter 13

Elizabeths POV

I pulled up and beeped the horn. It seemed weird pulling up at my old house, but good weird, because now I was married.
I giggled to myself, I couldn't help it, I was actually married.
The door opened and Charlotte came trotting down the path, getting in the car and leaning over and kissing my cheek.
"Do I look okay?" She asked me.
She had on a nice (in my opinion too short) denim shorts, a singlet top and combat boots, she looked fucking adorable.
"You look fine."
"I wasn't sure what to wear, I mean I haven't seen them since that one time a few years ago you dragged me along."
I smiled and nodded. "It's different now Charlotte, we hang out backstage."
"Oh yeah of course." She said poking me. "Because you married one of them."
I laughed. "True."
We drove in silence, I didn't want to ruin the night, Charlotte never hung out with us, but I had to ask.
"What did the doctor say?"
She looked out the window and scratched her nose.
"Charlotte?"
"My red and white count is low, he's sending me for more tests."
Oh god, I tried to take a breath but I felt like my throat had closed.
"He thinks I'm just run down."
"You are Charlotte." I told her.
We arrived at the venue and I climbed out trying to look cheery as security let us in.
"Oh god Charlotte." I cried, wiping at my face.
"Please don't Elizabeth." She asked me quietly.
I smiled and nodded, I wouldn't make a fuss for her, I wanted her to enjoy herself.
We walked in and looked around.
"Heeeeeeeey." Holly screeched, running over to us. "Glad to see ya face." She grabbed Charlotte and walked off.
She was always so hyper, I couldn't keep up with her.
I followed them to the room everyone else was in.
"You missed sound check." Zack said, pulling me into his arms.
"I'm sure you managed." I told him, watching Charlotte, well watching Matt watching Charlotte. What was his deal?
"I missed you." Zack whispered.
I looked at him and kissed him. "Good."
"You okay?" He murmured.
I shook my head. "No, but I'm not making a big deal of it."
"Charlotte?"
I nodded again, watching Matt lead Charlotte out.
"Let me show you" He was telling her.
"Isn't it adorable how Matt treats Charlotte like his baby sister." Monique said.
I looked at her. I didn't have the heart to tell her that if a brother looked at his sister like that, there was something wrong.
Actually I didn't like the way he was looking at her. I needed to speak to Matt. He needed to stay away from Charlotte, she didn't need that kind of complication in her life.
But, I thought, still watching him, Charlotte was blissfully unaware of the attention Matt was giving her and as I looked around I realised everyone else was unaware.
Maybe I was imagining it.