Chapter 34

Charlottes POV

"You feeling okay." Matt asked, walking into the living room. "Still up for that walk on the beach?"
I was laying on the couch and I looked up at him. "Sure."
At least he was over whatever had been bugging him last night, he'd been acting so strange.
"Okay. Ten minutes?" He asked.
I nodded, getting up and heading to my room. I threw on a pair of shorts and quickly changed shirts, tying my hair back. I glanced at myself in the mirror, I looked okay but then started blushing. Why did I suddenly care what I looked like around Matt? It's not like he'd ever actually notice me, I was Elizabeths little sister, that's all I'd ever be.
Fuck, I thought walking downstairs, how the hell did I end up with a crush on Matt.
Oh yeah that's right, I thought walking into the living room and seeing him standing there, he was fucking beautiful.
He was standing there in a pair of shorts and a shirt with the sleeves cut out, showing off his heavily tattooed, extremely muscular arms.
God I wanted those arms around me.
"Ready?" He asked.
I nodded and followed him out the door. I was an idiot for thinking about it, but I couldn't help myself.
"So, you okay Charlotte?" Matt asked while we walked side by side.
"Yeah, I feel alot better after the stay in hospital." Which, I didn't add, was where I decided I wanted you Matt, you big dick.
"You look better." He told me.
I smiled, only I wasn't on the inside. Did I look like a pile of shit previously?
We got to beach and took our shoes off before heading onto the sand. It was pretty quiet, not many people around and I made my way straight down to the water.
I screamed as the water hit my feet, no wonder no one was here, the water was freezing.
"Fuck that's cold." Matt exclaimed, grinning at me.
Argh, his dimples made me want to drop my panties and tell him to fuck me on the sand.
"Charlotte." He said strangely. "You coming?"
Possibly, I thought, following him along the waters edge.
"So." Matt said while we walked. "Tell me about last time."
"The leukemia?"
He nodded, reaching out and taking my hand.
"Well." I said, trying to ignore the tingling that was traveling up my arm from his hand. "It was pretty much the same. I was 19, I started feeling run down, tired, I had the bruises. I went to the doctor and I was diagnosed."
"And?" He encouraged.
"And I started treatment, I started with what I'm doing now, it didn't work, so we tried chemo, that was horrible and I won't do it again."
I would never do that again, ever.
"You wouldn't?"
"No, I was so sick Matt and I lost most of my hair. I'm a hairdresser, I need hair."
He chuckled. "I'm sure you would look fine."
"Yeah well I didn't, anyway chemo didn't work so we went on to radiation therapy and last but not least Elizabeth donated her bone marrow."
That was a horrible time for both of us, one I also didn't want to repeat.
"And you were cured?"
"Not really, with leukemia your never really cured, you just go into remission."
I looked at him, he was looking down at his feet and I wondered what he was thinking.
"You'll be okay." He said softly.
"I hope so." I whispered.
He stopped and looked at me. "You will be."
I smiled, I wanted to be, now, because of him.
Before I could reply a big fat rain drop splattered on my head.
"Oh fuck." Matt said, as more began to fall. "We're about to get wet."
He slipped his arm around my shoulder and we headed towards home, I couldn't help but giggle because I was pretty sure I already was wet.
We ended up jogging, but got soaked anyway.
"Hopefully the rain will clear up for tonight." Matt said as we ran onto my porch.
"Tonight?"
"The picnic." He said smiling.
As I opened my mouth to answer a car flew into the driveway.
"Matthew." Monique screeched, getting out.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about her.