Twenty-Seven -

A Year Later:

Rachel's POV -

The day Tom left is still as fresh in my mind as the day it happened. I secretly hoped that he may see sense and come back to me, telling me he'd made a huge mistake, but that never happened; and I've not heard from him since.

In fact, I never saw him, never spoke to him, never even mentioned him after he left me; I guess I just accepted that he wasn't coming back and he no longer wanted to be with me.

The only time I ever heard him being mentioned was when he was talked about on the news - he was sentenced to eleven months in prison for our relationship, yet he didn't seem bothered. He just took it on the head and, as he was led out of the docks, his face was emotionless and there was nothing that would tell you how he was feeling.

"Babe, you know today is the day Tom is released, right?" Nathan shouted from the living room as I prepared the milk for my daughter.

Yeah, I should probably mention that I had a daughter in the end. She's absolutely beautiful, although I can't help but notice she looks a bit like Tom, which didn't make it easy but I managed; and it was easier with help from Nathan, Jess and Karen.

I decided that I was going to name her Stephanie Elizabeth Brown - Nathan helped with the name because I had no idea what to name her; but I rather liked the name and it stuck.

I should also mention that, after I was discharged from hospital, I went back to school and completed the year; I even went to all the catch-up lessons I was told to go to if I wanted to pass the year. No one ever knew why I was admitted to hospital, I just told them it was due to complications with the baby and they all believed me.

Mrs.Collins never really liked me though, she still helped me and Mr.Kaneswaran was the most helpful; he even offered to listen to me if I ever needed someone to talk to and it actually helped more than I thought it would. In the end, I managed to get a B in Geography, B in English and an A in History.

"Yeah. The news has been on about it non-stop." I shouted back.

"Are you going to see him and tell him about Steph?" Nathan questioned as he walked into the kitchen.

"If he wants to know, then he can come and find me. I'm tired of chasing him around now." I sighed.

"Surely you can't hate him that much?" Nathan asked curiously.

Yes, Nathan had kept his promise and, a couple of weeks after Steph was born, me and him became a couple; he's been amazing for the last three months and has always been there for me, just like he promised he would be.

It didn't change the way I felt about Tom. I loved Nathan, but not in the same way that I loved Tom. But, when I was Nathan, I was happy and wasn't really thinking about how much I hated Tom and I wasn't wondering why I still loved him so much. The main thing is that Steph had a stable family life and there was someone who loved her very much, someone who loved me and someone who made me happy because I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

"You know how I feel about him, but I'm not going to chase him anymore, I'm tired of it all. If he wants to meet his child then he knows where I am and he'll come find me." I sighed again as I felt the familiar arms of Nathan wrapping themselves around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder as he spoke to me.

"I know babe, I just worry, that's all." Nathan replied, placing a quick kiss on my cheek.

"I know you do, but I know if I go and see him we'll just end up in the same position we were in a year ago; me begging him to take me back." I said.

"But you want him back, you love him in a way you could never love me and you've got a daughter with him."

"Yes, I know that, but I don't want my emtions messed with anymore. It might not be in the same way, but I love you Nathan and you make me happy; you give me a life that Tom never could." I smiled as I turned around and looked Nathan in the eyes.

"I love you too Rachel, and I love Steph as well, she's going to do great in life with a mother like you." Nathan smiled.

"Shame she looks like her father really." I chuckled and then walked out of the room, quickly turning on my heel and adding; "did I tell you that I'd booked a weekend away for you and me?"

"You just did, when's this happening then?" Nathan replied in shock.

"Just, pack enough for four days and I'll let you know more later. Trust me, you'll love it, your mum helped me oraganise it." I laughed as I disappeared up the stairs, leaving Nathan stood there, trying to work out what had just happened.

Bless him, he got so confused easily, but he was going to love it. Just some time for me and him, without having to worry about anything else.

It would be the first time I've been away since me and Tom were supposed to go to France together; just to spend some time away from people. It was the last time I remember there be nothing wrong between me and Tom - before everyone found out about the two of us.

"Why won't you tell me where we're going?" Nathan complained as he followed me up the stairs.

"It would defeat the whole idea of it being a surprise and it would all be pointless." I chuckled.

"But you tell me everything. Please tell me." Nathan moaned as he wanted me to tell him, which wasn't going to because it would just ruin everything and it would all be pointless; Nathan was going to have to get over that one and he was just going to have to wait and see.

"Sorry Nathan. Now, go and feed Steph for me while I finish packing what I want." I laughed, handing Nathan the bottle and then walked back down the stairs with a grin on my face.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, there was a knock on the door and I walked over to it, opening it and not really knowing who I should expect to see; no one really came to visit me and Nathan unless it was Jess or Karen. Other than that, no one cared enough to come and see the two of us, but I wasn't bothered.

"Hello, how can I-" but I stopped before I could finish what I was saying. My look changed from one of smiles and happiness to one of shock and horror that they were stood before me; I never prepared myself to see him this soon after everything.

"Who's at the door?" Nathan shouted down at me.

Tom?" I said quietly as I took in his changed facial features, he looked older and more mature than when I last sat him; he looked less like the Tom I knew before and more like the Tom that I had always wanted before everything went wrong.

"Hello Rachel..."

+++

Hi there everyone,

Hope you liked this part then and it wasn't too boring for you. Just to let you know, I believe that the next part will be the last part; this story will then be finished - I may do a sequel if enough people want one.

Thanks for everything so far and all the support, it means so much to me and I'll never be able to thank you for it all. I appreciate everything you do for me so much and I love reading your comments, knowing your enjoying my story means a lot to me.

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think of this part and I'll see in the next part; the final part of Falling For Mr.Parker.

Good bye, hugs and love to you all.

Em xxx