Twenty-Three -

Nathan's POV -

As soon as I read the note, panic took over me entire body and fear filled every bone. I wondered what the hell had happened and why they had tried to get in contact with me.

It must have been something serious or they wouldn't have bothered. Rachel has either done something stupid or something has happened to her, it's one of them and I can only think the worst right now - all I can think is that she tried doing something to herself because she didn't want to be here anymore and she didn't want to put up with the pain of not being with Tom.

If that's what happened, then I guess I should have done something sooner and helped her before it was too late, then we might not be here right now. I should have noticed that there was something wrong and she wasn't herself, but I was just too busy trying to get her to go back to school to realise that she wasn't coping with everything.

"Nathan? What's happened?" Lauren asked with a tone of concern.

"It's Rachel. She's in hospital." I replied.

"Oh Nathan, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want me to come with you?" Lauren half-smiled at me as she pulled me into a hug.

"No, I need to do something else once I've seen her. Thanks for the offer though." I replied.

"I'll come and see you tomorrow, yeah?" Lauren asked.

"Maybe tomorrow isn't a good idea, just let Mrs.Collins know that Rachel is in hospital for me please?" I smiled as I hugged her again before walking out of the house, grabbing my car keys from the side as I did so.

This had to have something to do with Tom, she was fine before he left her and told her that he wanted nothing to do with their baby; none of this would ever have happened if he had been man enough to tell everyone that he was in love and nothing was going to tear them apart from each other.

*

I walked into the hospital and immediately spotted where my mum and Jess were standing, they both looked so upset and like they hadn't smiled all day. Jess had tear stains down her cheeks; she loved that Rachel had agreed to stay with us because, the first time that she came round here, those two got on so well together. I think she just liked to idea of there being another female in the house, who happened to be around her age, which meant that she could talk to her and she had someone that understood her.

My mum also loved Rachel. She treated her just like a daughter and had always said that she was welcome in our house when she needed somewhere to go, whether it be for the night or just for a couple of hours to get away - Rachel enjoyed that someone actually loved her and was there for her when she needed them to be, especially since her parents never really bothered her and didn't care about her at all.

"How is she?" I asked as I sat down beside Jess and pulled her into hug.

"It's not good Nathan. They've taken her for a brain scan and to carry out some more tests, they told us that they'll know more when they're done." Jess sniffed.

"What happened?" I questioned quietly, worried about what the answer might be.

"We're not really sure. But we found these..." my mum replied as she handed me two envelopes, one with my name written on the front and the other had Tom's name written on the front of it; I knew that he would have something to do with this, or he would be involved in some way.

"Do they know if the baby is going to be okay?" I asked.

"The doctors have said that, providing the scans show no long term damage, then the baby will be alright and there is nothing to worry about." Jess said.

"Well, that's one thing I suppose, I just hope Rachel is going to be alright." I sighed as I turned the envelopes round and round in my hand, wondering if I should open it now or wait until later.

"She's going to be fine. She's a fighter." Jess smiled as she moved away from me and looked at me.

"Maybe you should open that letter and see what she had to say?" my mum suggested, pointing at the envelopes in my hand.

"I will, I've just got something that I need to do first. I'll be back later." I replied and, before either my mum or Jess could say anything to stop me, I walked out of the hospital; it was important that I did this and did it now, before I changed my mind.

I got into my car, still doing nothing other than looking at the envelopes, not wanting to open them for fear of what they may contain or what she may have said.

I opted for throwing them both on the passenger's seat and waiting for as long as possible before I opened mine and discovered what Rachel had written to me; it was either going to be good, or it was going to be bad. There was no in-between and there was nothing else it could have been, not with the way she's been acting for the past week or so.

There was something I had to do before anything else happened.

I had to go and see Tom. I had to make him understand.

+++

Hey guys,

So, I've made you wait for this part, did you like it though? Hope you did and it was worth the wait.

Want to know what the letters say? You'll have to wait and see because even I haven't decided what they're going to say yet.

Anyway, I saw The Wanted, Lawson and The Vamps last night and they were all bloody incredible; Lawson have improved so much since I last saw them. Their performance actually left me speechless, it was that amazing. Ryan smiled at me as well, which just made me so happy, especially since he's my favourite.

And don't even get me started on The Wanted, their performance was the best I've ever seen them. And Siva, wow, he just totally out did himself last night, you actually got to hear his voice and I loved it. Jay forgot what song they were supposed to sing so had to look at the floor, he also missed his cue in Gold Forever because he was too busy laughing with Max, Siva left the tag on his shirt and Jay told us all to point and laugh. Oh, and Joel was dragged onto stage half way through because Tom and Max called him a liar because The Wanted played Lawson at football, but Nathan was on Lawson's team in goal, and they also each had a little help from The Vamps, and Lawson won. Max also waved at me and Tom threw water over me, not everyday you can say Tom Parker got you wet!

Anyway, there's not enough time to put into words everything that happened and how happy it made me seeing them. It was absolutely perfect, especially Nathan's IFY solo, omfg, it was the best ever, it nearly brought me to tears.

Okay, thanks for reading. See you all soon. Bye guys.

Love Em xxx