Nine -

Tom's POV -

The following morning, I woke up and looked at the time. It literally only just turned half past eight.

Half past bloody eight in the morning and I was awake.

I then rolled over to see Rachel asleep beside me, her hair falling across her face where she had moved around during the night; she looked beautiful. I looked across the room seeing one of Rachel's shoes by the bedroom door and the other by the wardrobe, her dress thrown carelessly across the room and her underwear was nowhere to be seen.

As amazing as last night was, and as happy as I am that I'm waking up next to the girl that I love, there was a sudden realisation clouding my thoughts.

I had broken the law. I had slept with a student, but not just any student. She was my History student and ex-girlfriend.

I'm going to be screwed if anyone finds out what happened between us last night.

*

I walked out of the house, after getting showered and dressed of course, deciding that I needed some air and time to think about what happened last night.

I mean, I wanted Rachel. In fact, I needed her. She was like a drug to me and I couldn't survive without her; she made me complete and provided me with all the happiness that I could ever want.

But the fact still remained that she was a student and I was a teacher; there was no way anything could ever happen between the two of us, without there being serious repercussions later on in the relationship.

"Tom, can I have a quick word with you." Mr.Green from next door shouted as I walked past his fence. He wasn't especially old, I think he was around the 50s mark, and he enjoyed gardening; but he was also pretty damn nosy and had something to say about someone.

"What have I done now?" I sighed.

"I understand that you have needs, and that you want to fulfil them. But, next time, could you please be a bit quieter. I'm sure the whole street knows that your name is Tom and the girl you banged last night is called Rachel..." he replied. I didn't think anyone used the term 'banged' anymore, I especially didn't think that word would ever be coming out of Mr.Green's mouth.

I also didn't realise we were that loud, but then again, when you're drunk, everything either seems quieter or louder than it actually is; I'm sure the entire street loved it really.

It gives them something to gossip about in the future.

"Yes Mr.Green, I'll try me best to be quieter next time around. Sorry to have disturbed you last night..." I said, trying to laugh about it.

"Good. The screaming was terrible, anyone that walked past would think someone was being murdered." he added.

"Thanks for the concern and advice. Next time, I'll make sure we whisper and don't disturb you while you're asleep." I muttered sarcastically and then walked away before he had the chance to say anything else to me.

I'm sure, if you're around the 50s mark, then you would appreciate Mr.Green as a person. But personally, being 25 and everything, I really didn't agree with half the stuff that he said and I couldn't imagine myself ever being able to sit in a room with him for more than two minutes before I was telling him to shut up.

Or something like that anyway.

As I continued walking, I actually had no idea where I was going or when I was going to ge back home; but I should probably make it soon or Rachel was going to wake up and think I'd left her again.