Seventeen -

Rachel's POV -

I'm not really sure what just happened; everything is just happening so quickly and I'm not entirely sure what I did for all this to happen at the same time.

I'm 17. I've managed to disappoint both parents, tell my boyfriend I'm pregnant and become engaged to the only person I've ever had any feelings for.

And that's all occurred in one day; it's just mental when I think about it and I do wonder what I did to deserve all of this in the same day. But I love it all, especially the part where I managed to disappoint both parents.

"Nathan, what just happened?" I asked once we had stopped running and caught our breath back.

"I could be wrong, but, I think, you agreed to become Mrs.Parker..." Nathan chuckled as we took a seat on a bench that was slightly hidden from view by overgrown trees and bushes. It was the perfect place to hide and wait for everyone else to go past, without a single care in the world as they just went about their daily lives and didn't have anything else to think about, other than what they needed to.

"Have I made the right choice?" I asked suddenly.

"Do you love Tom?" he replied.

"More than anything..."

"And do you want to spend the rest of your life with him?" Nathan questioned, looking at me now and smiling at the same time because he already knew the answer to the question.

"Of course I do. He's the only person I've ever really loved." I smiled in response.

"Then, you have your answer. You've definitely made the right decision and I had better be invited to the wedding." Nathan smirked.

And he was right.

I really did love Tom more than anything. He was there for me when no one else was and he didn't care about the sort of person I was, he just wanted me to be happy and did everything he could to make sure that I was.

He even left me when he got the new job, just because he thought it would make me happy and, even though he was wrong, he also thought he was doing the best for me and was going to make everything easier for me.

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and, in agreeing to marry him and become Mrs.Parker, that was going to be an amazing life. I knew I was always going to be loved and cared for. I knew that he was always going to be there for me, making sure I know what he thought about me and he was always going to make sure I wasn't lonely and had the perfect life.

And, the other thing that I knew, he was always going to protect me and make sure nothing ever happened to me. He was also going to be an amazing father to this baby and, although the timing isn't perfect, the baby was going to bring me and Tom even closer together and it was only going to make us stronger.

People could knock us down a thousand times, but we will always come back bigger and better than before.

"And what about your parents?" Nathan asked after five minutes of complete silence between us.

"Yes Rachel, what about your parents?" I turned around in shock to see both of my parents stood there with a look of anger upon their faces; a tomato might have competition for being the reddest object that I know with the colour that their faces were.

"Mum? Dad?" I replied.

"Yeah. You do remember us right? The people who have brought you up and done nothing other than love you for the past seventeen years?" my dad remarked sarcastically, and he didn't even attempt to hide it, I knew he was annoyed and he was going to kill me if he managed to get me home.