Eleven -

Rachel's POV -

School.

That place where I can't talk to Tom. I can't even look at him or someone will suspect something and make a comment about us.

I've only got this week and then it's half term. Then get to spend the entire week with Tom, without any disruptions from other people; he's taking me to France for the week and we're just going to spend some time together.

I've told my parents that I'm going on holiday with a group of girls from my Geography group - they think we're going to study the geographical changes of the coastline over time. And, as far as Louise knows, I'm also doing the same thing.

Not that she'll really care anyway. She'll be too busy in Max's bed to really give a damn about me or what I'm spending my half term doing.

Nathan, on the other hand, knows what's going on, but he's going back to Gloucester to see some of his family anyway. So, nothing I do is really going to effect him and no one can question why I've gone to France without my 'boyfriend.'

But, before that even happened, I still had to get through this week at school while attempting to be romantic with Nathan and avoiding being near Tom. In fact, I had to avoid any form of contact with him. Especially with the way that Lauren has been watching me recently in History.

Her eyes never seem to leave me when I'm giving an answer, or when I'm having a conversation with Nathan.

She hates the fact that I won and I got Nathan before she had a chance to even ask him out - jealousy can be a real bitch sometimes and can really make you hate a person. Not that that made much difference to me anyway.

I hate Lauren almost as much as I hated Sarah, and I never even thought that was possible. Sarah, especially in English, always has something to say to me and always feels the need to comment upon my 'relationship' with Nathan.

She's told me more than once that we're no good for each other and that I should leave him before I hurt him.

I just wasn't going to listen to the bitch that had my life miserable for so long. I'm happy and I'm not going to change anything about the decisions I've made; even though I'm breaking the law in so many ways just to be happy and not to be miserable anymore.

But I was doing something for me for once, and I wasn't worried about the consequences. Not until it was too late for that anyway.

"Rach, can you come down here for a moment please?" my mother shouted up the stairs as I was adjusting the jacket I had decided to wear today.

"What's happened now?" I shouted back in response.

"Just, please come down here and then we can discuss it with you." my mother replied and I decided it was for the best that I just went downstairs and found out what she wanted, it was going to solve a lot of problems in the long run.

I walked down the stairs, not really sure what I should expect from this. I had no idea if I was in trouble or if something happened that I needed to be worried about, especially since neither of my parents really spoke to me in the mornings, other than to say 'good bye' when they left for work.

I discovered that both my parents were sitting in the living room, they gave me a look which I knew so well. I was in trouble and they weren't happy with me about something.

Although I wasn't sure what since I hadn't done anything wrong. At school, I'd been keeping out of people's way and minding my own business, so I can't have done anything wrong there.

"Mr.Parker has just phoned us..." my mother stated angrily.

"He says you're falling behind with your History work and your completing homework to a poor standard." my father added with a tone of annoyance. I'm sure Tom had never mentioned anything like this to me before or, if he did, then I don't remember it happening and I was probably half asleep at the time or something like that.