Fifteen -

Tom's POV -

"Why did you do it Tom?" Jay asked after about five minutes of silence. He had just spent the time in the corner, looking at me and not saying anything, but I knew what he was thinking and I knew what he really wanted to say.

"I've told you that already. Are you stupid?" I muttered sarcastically.

"I'm not that one that slept with a student..." Jay snapped.

"Told you, I didn't sleep with her, I was just in a relationship with her. There's a difference." I stated as I changed the direction of my eye line so I was no longer looking at her.

"Whatever you did, it was still illegal. You're still going to prison and you're still never going to see Rachel again." Jay smirked, like my life being ruined was something to be happy about and like this is what he had always wanted to happen to me.

"Look, just shut up. I can't be doing with you right now." I said.

"Ah, are you Mr.Parker?" I heard someone ask and I looked up to see two police officers stood in the doorway, looking at me like I was one of the worst people they had ever seen; it's almost like I had murdered someone.

"Yeah, that's me..." I replied.

"Well, I'm PC Jones and this is PC Webb. I assume you know why we're here?" he questioned me like I was an idiot and didn't know why.

"Just ask what you have to ask, then you can leave me alone." I said, turning my attention back to the spot which Jay occupied, him listening carefully to everything I had to say, like this was a story for him to enjoy.

"Right then, firstly, have you ever engaged in sexual relations with the victim in question?"

"You use the word 'victim' like I left her at the side of the road to die. She's not a victim, I love her and she loves me. We have a relationship together. That's about all there is to say." I snapped, leaning across the table and getting into their faces to make the point that I wanted to make to them.

"We haven't got time for games here. Did you really think you'd be able to have a proper relationship with Miss.Brown?" PC Webb asked, looking at me intently and with a serious look on his face.

"We've managed it for the past few months now. Guess it's not that difficult to maintain a relationship with her." I shrugged.

"Mr.Parker, you need to let go and you need to let her be free. You're never going to be able to have a relationship with her, no matter how much you love each other." Officer Jones said, but I didn't really care, my mind was in other places right now and I was distracted by my thoughts.

"PC Jones, you need to leave me alone and stop telling me what to do. It's my life and I'll do what I like because we love each other." I replied sarcastically.

"You will never be able to have a relationship with Miss.Brown after this, I'll make sure of that one. Now, have you engaged in sexual relations with Miss.Brown?" PC Jones repeated, but I wasn't in the mood for this anymore and I just got up from my seat, walking out of the room, ignoring the shouts which were now coming from behind me.

"Tom, don't be stupid, just stay away from her." Jay said as he appeared in front of me and tried to stop me from what I was doing, like he suddenly cared about me and didn't want anything to happen to me because I was being like this, but it was too late for that.

"If you loved someone the way that I love Rachel, then you would understand and you would do the same. I have to see her, I can't lose her again." I snapped pushing him out of my way and walking down the corridor, seeing Rachel in a room with two other officers and, as soon as I saw her, I was overwhelmed with emotions and the sadness took over me again.