Five -

One Month Later:

Rachel's POV -

It had been just over a month since Nathan found out the truth, and he had been there for more than Louise had been.

She had been too busy stalking the new guy in her Photography group to notice that I just wanted to spend some time with her that didn't involve talking about guys and how much she loved them. After everything that had happened, all she wanted to talk about was boys.

Nathan, on the other hand, actually took my mind of everything and just made me laugh; it was like he was my best friend rather than Louise because he understood me better than she did at the moment. He hadn't even threatened to tell anyone about me and Tom, and he was doing his best to avoid bringing it up in conversation; the only time he did that was when we were talking about History.

"Have you done the work for History?" Nathan asked as he appeared beside me in the common room. I had just finished Geography with Mr.Kaneswaran, Louise had taken the day off school because she was apparently 'ill' or something like that.

I'm pretty sure she was lying and was taking the day off to spend with the guy from her Photography group - I really must ask his name because, whenever she started talking about him, I just switched my brain off and acted like I was listening

"Some of it, but didn't bother with the rest of it. Got bored and gave up." I chuckled in response to him.

"Got more done than I have then. But I'm sure Mr.Parker won't mind that you haven't done it." Nathan joked with a smile at me and I just smiled back at him because I knew he was joking and was only trying to cheer me up. Unlike some other people that I knew and were in my life.

"Imagine how annoyed Lauren will be if that happened; she would kill me and make my life even more miserable than she already has done." I laughed.

"Good job you got me then. You know Lauren has a thing for me, right?" Nathan asked.

"Ha, you're joking, right?" I laughed in reply, not that it surprised me. Lauren loved anything that stood still long enough and she thought she had a chance with, but I already knew that Nathan didn't like Lauren.

He disliked her just as much as I did, but not quite as much because he had only been here for a week and therefore decided he wasn't going to make a decision until he had been here for longer than that.

"Nope. She is jealous of the fact an attractive guy like me is talking to someone like you. She only likes me because she thinks she stands a chance." Nathan chuckled.

"Big-headed much?"

"Don't see you disagreeing though. Do you disagree with me?" he asked with his eyebrow raised to one side and I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks, I had never really denied that he wasn't good looking, because he was.

But I wasn't interested him in like that. I just appreciated him being there for me and actually making me smile.

"I don't disagree with you at all. But don't you tell anyone I just said that, or else you will be in trouble." I smirked at him and he just laughed at me.

Until the end of lunch, me and Nathan basically spent the entire time talking to each other and having a laugh with each other. I had almost forgotten that our next lesson was History; that's how much fun I had when I was with Nathan and just how much he made me forget my problems and just make me smile.

As we walked into the classroom, the awkwardness was evident straightaway. Tom didn't even bother looking at me and he didn't even attempt to speak to me this time around. He must have got the message from last week that I didn't want anything to do with him and I just wanted him to leave me alone.

Falling For Mr.Parker!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara