Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Forty-Five~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Niall's P.O.V:*

I stared right past Liam's questioning gaze. I ignored the words coming from their mouths. My mind was focused on Julia. Is she okay? Is she even alive? Where is she? Will I even be able to find her? Am I ever going to see her again? This is all my fault. I should've been a better boyfriend. She deserves someone better than me.

When people talk about heartbreak, I just assumed that they experience sadness- but I was experiencing true heartbreak. I wasn't sad. I was beyond devastated. I feel like my chest is about to cave in any second and my heart is being squeezed in someone's clenching fist. I couldn't handle the feeling.

"Niall...Niall...NIALL!"

I was being moved back and fourth vigorously by an anxious Harry.

I snapped back into reality and tried pulling myself together.

"What happened?!" Liam asked, getting frustrated.

"Uhhhh I-I don't know..." I stood up.

"Did you find out where she is?"

"No. I have no idea where she is. I shouldn't have let her leave... But I was too worried about myself. I'm so selfish." I sighed and shook my head. "We need to find her. And fast. If I wasn't such a horrible goddamn boyfriend-" I was so furious at myself. I couldn't contain it. My fist met with the wall leaving a crater at the area of impact.

My head fell into my hands and my back slid down the wall until I reached the floor. I just felt so alone.

"Ni, relax. We'll find her." Liam tried to comfort me.

"What if we don't?!"

"We won't stop looking until we do."

"I swear, if I ever find Josh, I'll be arrested for murder." My teeth were clenched.

Harry let out a long sigh.

I have to start thinking. I NEED to find Julia as soon as possible. Who knows what Josh is doing to her or what he's already done... I cringed at the thought. If anything happens to Julia, I will never let myself forget it. I can't bare the thought of losing her, especially due to my carelessness. I wish I could just go back in time to the moment she tried walking out of the door. I would grab her hand, pull her back, and tell her how much I love her. But now it's too late for that.

"Geez Niall, you need to stop doing that!" Harry stated. "Your phone's ringing."

He snapped me out of my thoughts once again.

I didn't bother responding, I just bolted towards my ringing phone which was left on the couch.

Kate?

Why is Kate calling me? That was odd...

The last time Kate called me was to help her plan Julia's surprise party.

It hurt to think of that memory.

"Hello?" I quickly answered.

"Hey, sorry to bother you. I was just wondering if you knew where Julia was. I've been trying to call her for the past thirty minutes and she's not answering her phone. I was going to ask her if she wanted to go to the beach tomorrow and I figured you would know where she is considering you guys are together every second of everyday." She laughed.

I wasn't amused. "I have no idea where she is." There was absolutely no emotion in my voice. I practically sounded like a robot.

"Oh... Is everything okay? You sound... sad." Kate questioned.