1. - There's Nothing Here To Take For Granted

This is my first story in English (English is not my native language, so there could be some littl’ mistakes) and the first one 'bout Avenged Sevenfold. I love this band and wanted to write a FF 'bout them. So remember, this is just a FAN-Fiction. I do not own M. Shadows and the other band members, except Kim. I inscribe this story to my RPH's (otherwise I hadn't published it).. So have fun and tell me, what you think about it :)

“You’re here because …?” His expression wasn’t very friendly.

“Here is the audition for drummers, isn’t it?” I asked and looked around.

“But you’re a girl,” the big man spatted out.

“What’s the matter?” My voice was getting louder. “I’m a good drummer and they need one. If they don’t want me ‘cause there’s someone who plays better it’s okay, but I doubt that. So… can I?” I wasn’t friendly anymore. I was tired and this man wasn’t the first one who told me I picked the wrong job.

Finally he let me in and I went straight to the drums, picked the sticks and started to play as soon as I sat. In the advertisement stood they searched for a drummer for a heavy metal band. There wasn’t a name, so I picked up a song from Metallica. You can’t do wrong with them! I did not even trouble myself to look around. When I finished I saw the people who were sitting in front of me – one of my favorite bands sat there!

“Well,” M. Shadows looked at the paper in front of him, “Kim, that wasn’t that bad. You can play some of our songs?” he asked. He wouldn’t ask if I knew them. Maybe my expression told them. I nodded monotonous and started playing ‘Dancing Dead’. When I finished this song – I was sweating but I didn’t know if it was because of the men or the room temperature – I couldn’t say anything, I was just starring.

“Has the cat got your tongue?” someone asked and they started laughing.

“I think you found your new drummer,” I told the band and the other man, who was sitting with them. I thought it was their manager.

“Not so fast. You mind if I’m joining?” The man with the snakebites came up to me, picked up his guitar and looked for my okay.

“Sure,” I shrugged. “I don’t even mind if you’ll join, too,” I told the others.

“You know ‘Danger Line’?” The short guy picked up his bass, while the other one took his guitar. Matt, the leader and the one who spoke to me first, sat on his chair and was watching us. Seemed as it would be only an instrumental version. Four times I hit the sticks together and began to play. It was very easy to play with these guys and soon Matt joined us and sang along.

“You were the last one, right?”

I snorted. They let me wait, because I was a woman. “Yes,” I answered.

“What do you think ‘bout a drink? We could get to know us a little better.” He looked inquiringly at the others and when they nodded, I also gave my okay.

“How did you come here?” Matt asked.

“By car,” I told him, as we left the building.

“You give me a ride?” the little one asked. I knew his name was Johnny.

“Sure.”

“So scared?” Zacky asked laughing. He was the one with the two rings through his lip. I rolled my eyes, looked at Matt and asked where to go. I knew the bar he mentioned and so I went to my car, Johnny in tow.

“Why did you want me to take you with me?” I asked when I started the engine.

“Sometimes they’re annoying,” he murmured. I grinned. “So tell me something ‘bout you.” Suddenly he sounded enthusiastic.