Chapter 33

Hey everyone!!! I am soooooooooooooo sorry it has taken me so long to update. I hope everyone has had a wonderful 2016 thus far and if not you still have time!

I want to take a minute to thank everyone for their votes and comments. It means more than you guys could ever know. For those of you that have never read my stories please check out He Gave Me Hope. That is my first story and although its not the best I am proud of it and the amount of reads and votes that it has.

Now down to the nitty gritty. This chapter is dedicated to jbrogdon

Happy reading.

A werewolf's bite can kill a vampire. If my brother was against me then I don't think I wanted to live. If he hated me for being what I am then I wouldn't want to live in a world that he looked at me as an infectious microbe.

I could hear Danilo behind me. I could feel the rage building inside of him. He wanted to protect me but this was a family matter.

I quickly searched Daisy's mind for a protection spell.

Got it.

"Protégé sin salir"

"Oh no!" Daisy whispered.

"Why can't I move?" Danilo growled. "Amore!!"

For a second I seemed to have blacked out. It was as if I was taken into a flashback.

"Jakey look! The floor is made of lava and it's gonna burn you if you step on it."

Jake began to giggle as he ran into the living room floor barefooted.

"Waven, what is laba?" he asked.

He was three years old and smarted that any three year old I had ever met. I could feel my heart warm from the mere sight of him. He was so small and innocent.

"La-va is a liquid that comes from volcanos and they burn everything in sight." I said trying to pinch his little toes. He let out a hysterical giggle and jumped onto the couch. Once onto the couch I devoured him with tickles from the 'tickle monster'.

I left that flashback and was taken into another.

A few years later.

"Rave, I have a secret, but don't make fun of Me." he said looking at his feet while shifting his weight from one foot to the other. Something was really bothering him. I have studied his body language for years now. He is worried.

"Well, what's wrong J-Man?"

He was now ten and growing up to be a little heartthrob.

"There is this kid at school that has been bullying me. I don't want to fight back because I can get into trouble and I'm afraid that dad will chew me out."

I would walk through walls for this kid. I am my brother's keeper.

"I got you covered. No one is allowed to mess with my little brother... except me!" I said tousling his hair.

I could feel someone calling my name. It was as if time had slowed down as I was taken into another flashback.

I hear sobbing. This was the night before I started college.

"What's wrong?" I said with genuine concern.

"Rae, why did she leave? How could she leave us? Did she just not want us anymore? Does- Does she hate us?"

I felt my heart drop and shatter into a million pieces. I have tried so hard to protect my little brother but there were still gaping holes in life. I have loved and cared for him to the best of my abilities but there is a type of love that just couldn't be filled by me. A mother's love.

I come to and I see Jake about to attach me, his very own sister. The one who was there for him from the day he was born until now.

"If you really want to kill me, go ahead. I won't fight you nor try to stop you but remember this Jake, I was the one that was there for you when you cried at night, the one who protected you against the bullies from school and the one who took time to play with you as a toddler."

A single tear slid down my cheek as I bared my neck to him.