Chapter 7

This chapter goes to... @MaeveAbbott !! Thank you for also encouraging me to keep writing! Don't know what I would do without your positive feedback! Enjoy the chapter...

I couldn't move. It was as if I was in a trance. His nearness was too much. Gosh he smells good. I wonder if he is good in bed.

He took a step back and it was if all of my emotions came back all at once.

What the freak?!? I just kissed my Anatomy professor! I can't be the cause of him getting fired. I think I need to go home, or have another drink. I don't know what to do right now. I'm so confused.

"Mr. Spirelli, I'm so sorry. I have been drinking and I'm not thinking straight right now. I apologize, sir. The last thing I want is for you to lose your job. I mean, I...." I was rambling. I do that when I'm nervous. Yep I needed another drink.

I turned on my heels and walked away. I can't look at him right now. I am completely and utterly embarrassed! I think I will find a bush, a rock and a hole. The hole to crawl in, the rock to cover me and the bush to cover the rock.

Just as I had reached the bar he took me by the arm and turned me around. Those sparks again.

"Why do I feel sparks when you touch me? Do you feel them too?"

"Yes, I feel them too." He said lowering his head. That is weird. How is it that when he touches me we both feel the same thing and I don't feel it when anyone touches me?

I reached over and in an oh so cool manner I brushed my arm against a guy. "Oh sorry." I said in a very innocent tone. Nothing. I didn't feel anything.

"Listen, Miss Venchenzo, I apologize for what happened on the dance floor. I also have had a few drinks and when I don't eat I do crazy things." He pushed his hands into his pockets and looked away.

"No sir, I was so afraid that if someone has seen us that you will lose your job. That's the last thing I would want for you. Plus I am not the type to kiss someone I really don't know. Especially a teacher. I am mortified."

I couldn't be here anymore. I needed to go home, go to bed and pretend this never happened. I would watch cartoons until I fell asleep, wake up tomorrow and act like it was a bad dream.

"It's ok. I mean it's not like I'm gonna fail you or anything." He said, and we both laughed.

"I think I will be heading home. I have misbehaved myself enough for one night and for tomorrow night. Looks like my friend will not want to leave though." I said nodding towards Daisy on the dance floor making out with some guy.

"I would hate for you to leave alone. How about I see you home. I won't try anything I promise. This was very sobering."

Ha! As sexy as you are I am more worried about me than you. He chuckled. Wonder what in the heck was so funny? I went to tell Daisy that I was leaving, no doubt about it she was going home with the hottie.

As soon as I stepped outside I took a breath. The night air felt like heaven to my flushed face. I grabbed all of my hair into one hand and held it on top of my head so the air could cool my neck.

I turned to Mr. S. and he was watching me very intently. "Pretty warm tonight huh?"

He didn't answer. So instead of waiting for him to answer, I hailed a cab and we left.

**

The car ride to my place was very pleasant. Neither of us had too much to say to one another. I was still a bit shaken up with what happened back there.

We arrived at my place and he walked me to my door.

"Would you like a cup of coffee sir?" I may have been embarrassed about what I had done back at the club but my father had taught me to always mind my manners and be polite to people.

"Sure."

I opened the door and turned on the lights. It was a bit stuffy in here so I better turn the air on. I glanced back and noticed that he was standing in the doorway.

"Call me old fashion but I wait to be invited in." he said with a giggle.

"Ha! Oh what are you some kind of vampire?" I said with a giggle. He didn't think it was funny at all.

He had a very serious look on his face. To lighten the mood I said, "Mr. Spirelli, please come in."

He smiled and stepped across the threshold and closed the door behind him. "Excuse me for a moment please."

I ran upstairs to change into pajama pants and a t-shirt. I couldn't believe that he was in my house. I couldn't help but think about the dream I had of him. That kiss that almost occurred in my dream occurred in real life!

When I came back downstairs he was on the couch. "Mr. Spirelli would you..."

"Please," he interrupted, "call me Danilo."