Chapter 20

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to dedicate. I really apologize for this.

this chapter is dedicated to @KatyannaHorvathJouke and @sschuster7

My mother could possibly be the queen. She couldn't be. She is a nobody that left me, my brother and father. She was dead to me! I hated her.

Then it donned on me. "Royalty? So that means my mother is a vampire?" it didn't make since to me.

"In order to become royalty you must be a pure bred. If that is the case, a woman can give birth to a child whether human or mortal, but from what I have been told is that each pure bred is mortal up until their 24th birthday. If a pure bred has a child while still human then their child will be born human. Since you are half royalty then it is actually up to you to make the change from human to vampire."

This was too much to take in. I wonder if my father knew. My dad. He has such a kind heart and he is amazing. If she is with her mate then that means she couldn't have loved him right?

"Danilo. How is it that she was able to bear a child that is not of her mate? I couldnt imagine another man touching me."

"It's possible. Some people have sex just for the hell of it." He said uncomfortably.

My mother. The vampire queen? I cant worry with this.

Danilo walked over to the window. I am not gonna stress over this. I actually just want to relax. Unconsciously I reached up and rubbed my neck. Danilo shuttered.

"What was that? Is something wrong?"

I didn't tell you but if graze that spot it's like gliding a finger oh so lightly from my neck down the center of my back. It's like a..." he turned from me again.

"What is it like Danilo?" I was now curious. He cant just tell me something and then cut it off.

"It's like wanting me to take you without actually saying it."

Oh wow. This is awesome. "Does it only happen while you are awake?"

"If you were to wake up in the middle of the night and want me, just glide your hand alone my mark and it wakes me up... hot and bothered. It's a vampire thing I guess."

I didn't say anything. I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I began to concentrate very hard as if I put up a brick wall.

I stood in the mirror and looked at myself. I looked different. I mean of course I looked differently. I washed my face and tied my hair into a ponytail.

I stood in front of the mirror and raised my hand to my neck and slightly glided my fingers across my new brand. A brand that I wish that I could have gotten it sooner.

"Raven, what are you doing?" wow. That was fast. "Also why cant I hear your thoughts?"

Oh so it was working.

I decided to take off the remainder of my clothes. I mean it's just him right?

As soon as my clothes were off I ran my hand across the mark again. Not just once but again, and again, and again.

Suddenly the door came off of the hinge.

Danilo's eyes were the color that I thought they would be. The tent in his pants told me he was ready to get it on.

"Why can't I hear you?" he asked panting.

"I put up a brick wall. Sounds like it worked." I said with a smirk.

He took one step towards me. "Stop." He complied.

"Turn on your pheromones for me baby." Without a word I smelled that strawberry smell again. Damn it was alluring. I felt the dampness between my legs.

"I love you Danilo." I said in a haze.