Chapter 22

Thanks everyone for being so patient with me. Hope you enjoy the update.

Oh and this chapter is dedicated to ChristinePocockRocke thank you so much for the votes, comments and reads! Share it and again thanks!!

"Raven, are you ok? You have been in there a long time." As soon as I got home I headed straight for the shower. I couldn't help but ponder on what Ally told me. I needed more answers.

I opened the door to see a disheveled Danilo in front of me. "Do you know how worried I was? How did you get home? I have tried to call you for the last fifteen minutes."

I didn't say a word. Instead, I replayed in my head what happened between me and Ally.

"What does she mean she is coming for you?" he asked as if searching my every thought.

"I don't know but it doesn't sound good." I walked past him and headed for the kitchen to grab a bite to eat.

As soon as I reached the kitchen Danilo was handing me a sandwich he had just whipped together. I wonder if I would ever be that fast.

I need to talk to my dad. Maybe he knows what is going on and why my mother sent a maniac after me. Then it donned on me...

"Danilo, she is coming for me for a reason that I cant even understand so I am going to my father to get answers." I took a bite of my sandwich and quickly dressed myself.

**

"Dad!!!" I said with open arms. I haven't seen him in what felt like years.

"Bambina! Come stai? I have missed you and have been worried about you since your house burned. Your friend says it was an accident. What happened?"

"Dad, I am ok. I'm not sure what happened." I said looking at Danilo nervously. "Dad, this is Danilo. Danilo this is my Dad, Rafaelo Venchenzo."

My dad looked at him with mixed emotions. Grateful and pissed. I didn't have time for this so I got to the point.

"dad, I have something off the wall to ask you, but first where is Jake?" I looked around and didn't see him nor hear him.

"He is at the Allen kid's house, he should be back later."

"Ok good. Dad, how well did you know mom? I mean how well do you know about her background? Who her parents were, where she was from and where she is now."

Dad rubbed the back of his neck. I knew that gesture oh too well. He knew something he didn't want to tell me.

"Bambina, you would think I was crazy if I told you."

I looked at Danilo. He caressed my arm but remained quiet.

"Dad, what do you mean? Tell me please." I pleaded with him.

He stood up from his seat and walked over to the window and looked out into the front yard. "Sweetie, your mother had a secret. A secret that would affect you more than you could possibly imagine. You see she..."

"Is a vampire..." I said without waiting for him to say.

He looked at me in horror and shock. "Bambina, how did you know?" a sweat began to break out onto his forehead.

I looked at Danilo and mentally told him Show him baby. Danilo stood up and in the blink of an eye he was in front of Dad. Instead of him shrieking in horror he hung his head and a small tear slid down him cheek.

"Dad, he is my mate. If it wasn't for him I would be dead. Mom sent a man and he is the one who burned my house down while I was still inside." I stood up and grabbed his hand.

"Dad, what does she want from me? Why would she send someone after me?" I needed to know. I demanded to know.

"Bambina, I never wished for this to happen to you. I didn't know she was a vampire until when she was pregnant with you. I loved her though but I don't think I was her mate, well at least she said I wasn't. She left me as you know but she came from a line of royalty and she is now the Vampire queen. Normally they rule for about two hundred fifty years and then the kingdom had to be passed down to the oldest child."

My dad walked past me and took a seat, I was on his heels and sat down beside him.

"When she left she told me that she already had a kingdom that she was ruling but she left because she wanted punish her family and show them they needed her. Before she left she told me to not tell you and to keep her secret. She also said that if you had ever found your mate that she would come after you because she didn't want to give up her kingdom... I believe you are in danger Raven."

"Dad and what about my brother? I mean he is also her child, would she ever come after him?" I began to shake. I couldn't imagine anything happening to my brother. He is innocent and last I knew of he still loved that witch.

"You are the first born, even though he is royalty, she wouldn't come after him unless... unless you..."

My dad turned to Danilo and said, "If you love her you will speed up the process. Make her a vampire tonight because she can't stand a chance against her mother as a mortal."