Chapter 23

This chapter is dedicated to MizRead I hope you all enjoy. Please don't forget to vote an comment!!

As you can see there is a ring that I have added to this chapter... you will know why at the end of the chapter. <3

It was a month until my birthday. I still haven't had the courage to do what needed to be done. With the Queen, better known as my mother, was on her way after me, I had to do what would happen anyway. Today was Thursday and I had a fairly good week in school. I made sure I kept a high GPA so I think this is it.

Danilo told me that it would be better to do this on a Thursday so that I can adjust to my strength and master my hunger. He doesn't know that I had chosen today. It will be a surprise to him.

I went and had a nice warm bath. My last bath as a human. Why it mattered to me I will never know but I guess I am just that sentimental.

I went and put on the sexiest negligée that I had. Tonight would be special. This would be like us being joined together in holy matrimony except without the witnesses and paperwork. After this we would be married. To be married meant that we would be connected spiritually forever. I can't wait.

Afterwards I put rose petals on the bed lit a few candles.

I had spoken to Daisy. She now knows everything. Imagine the shock of her finally realizing that the supernatural is real.

"Rave, you mean to tell me that Danilo, your teacher is a vampire and not only that but you are destined to be together forever?" I nodded my head and Danilo sat as still and quiet as a mouse. "Well prove it."

Danilo looked at me and I gave him the nod that could possibly break our friendship. I took a safety pin out of the glass container beside the couch and pricked the tip of my fingertip. I looked at Daisy and she was focused on the blood beginning to seep from my finger. I held my finger up and turned to Danilo.

"Now watch him closely."

Danilo began to shift in his seat. "It's ok amore." Danilo closed his eyes and his face began to change. When he opened his eyes they were red.

I looked at Daisy with caution. "hahahah! You can do that with contacts!" she was laughing hysterically. Danilo, stay right there and I want you exercise control but use your speed. I stood up and sat beside Daisy. "Ok Dais, keep your eyes on him and watch him closely."

I gave him the nod and in the blink of an eye Danilo had crossed the table, picked me up and was standing on our staircase. I looked at my finger and the blood was gone. I looked at Daisy and I could see the shock and fear in her eyes.

"Now do you believe me? I swear he won't hurt you and he would do whatever he had to do to keep you safe." I couldn't lose my best friend.

She stood up and walked over to me and Danilo. "Does he have a brother?"

My thoughts were interrupted by someone opening the door. It was Danilo. I guess it's now or never. I waited until he opened the door to the bedroom. He stood in his tracks, confused. "What is the special occasion?"

I unblocked my mind and showed him instead of speaking what I had scheduled for tonight.

His breathed hitched. "Are you serious?"

I said nothing and envisioned him on top of me, having his way with me and since I don't know what the actual process to turn someone I envisioned us in post coital bliss but me as a vampire.

I looked into his eyes and they were a color I had never seen before. They have been black and red but never a crystal blue. A blue so crisp that it looked as if they could stop the most evil villain in its tracks.

"Don't joke with me. This would be a commitment that lasts forever, Raven and I..."

I pictured him in my mind's eye on top of me.

"Tell me that you want this Raven." He began to quiver. I could tell that he was just as ready as I was.

"I want you Danilo. Forever..."

In the blink of an eye he was in front of me and without his clothes. He slipped his hand under the bed and pulled out a black box.

"I had been waiting to give this to you, but I wanted to wait for the best time." He opened it and revealed a beautiful white gold diamond ring.

"Raven, I have loved you before I even knew you. From the first day that I met you I knew that I could see myself loving you. I never told you this but I saw you the first day of school. I actually bumped into you on purpose without knowing that I had bumped into my mate. I love you Raven and I hope that you will be happy with me. Will you be my wife?"

I couldn't help but cry. "Yes, I would love to be your wife." He slipped the ring on my finger and kissed me.