10: 15 a.m (ET)

Theo Hastings' hands are a constant tremor

He grips the aeroplane's seat tight like his life depends on it to stop his hands from shaking, eyes tired even though he has slept well for this the night before and heart beating even though he's not doing anything involving exercise. Despite tossing the plan across his mind over a thousand times, there is the inevitable seed of anxiety that plants itself deep in his gut. Only now the weeds are out of control- long and entangled, messy like a knot of nerves. He has gone through every possible way this crazy idea could go wrong and had provided every solution to any plausible issues which could crop out without a second's notice and yet worry plagues him like a black cloud. 

The whole idea made by Eva- Serena's cousin or friend or whatever the hell she is- is nothing like Theo would've done. Jump on a plane to go visit a girl he has never seen before in real life? Talk about YOLOing to the extreme. It's stupid, it's illogical and it's nothing like Theo. Safe, secure, buy-insurance-for-everything Theo would've never rolled the dice on his own fate, following whatever track the stars held for him. But there is a calling, an irresistible calling that ties him to Serena- the sarcastic realist who didn't believe in love and detested almost anything cliche and basic. He didn't know what he had been thinking when he said yes to Eva, yes to this ridiculous trip to Australia, yes to maybe seeing Serena, yes to maybe Serena...being with him?

It's all so unclear, uncertain and it's unlike anything Theo experience before- not knowing. All his life, the answer has been at the tip of his tongue- it's why he's so good at science and math. There is only one right answer to know for one question, one straight and narrow path you have to go through and there's nothing else you can do about it. So you can see that a person like Theo would've never done something so irrevocably reckless and impulsive, something so...

Serena.

-