New York, the big apple of my heart: Chapter 27

Now I know why the duplex looked familiar.

It was the apartment in which I had lost my V-Card.

And the boy who I had lost my virginity to, and who had bugged me during the six months I had dated Leo for was standing right in front of me, only wearing a towel around his waists, showing his six-packs and his wonderful musculature.  Water was dripping from his wet blond hair. He looked so good. I felt like I was burning up instantly, like someone put me on fire.

Dominic Cooper.

“Good morning sunshine!” he exclaimed, seeing me. He was holding a nice tray with a teacup of white porcelain and in a matching plate a hot croissant. There was a vase too with a beautiful red rose in it.

“Hi Dom,” I mumbled, embarrassed.

“I was going to bring that up for you but you made it a lot easier for me! Come, sit down. There’s some tea and hot croissants.”

I sat down. I completely forgot I was half naked.

Was Dom the guy I had asked for some naughty game last night? Did he and I… Oh my God.

Of all the guys that were still hanging out at the party getting wasted, I had chose Dominic Cooper?

“How was your night?” he asked me, with one of his big, shiny smiles that made my pulse rise a bit.

“Um…”

“You don’t remember?”

“Um…” I repeated. I had no idea.

“How come you don’t remember?” he laughed. “We had hot, dirty sex.”

I choked with my tea. He stood up, still laughing and tapped my back until the cough calmed down.

“I was just joking!” he admitted.

“So, nothing happened?”

“Well, we made out for a while – you were too determined – and then I held your hair back while you puked your guts out in the guestroom toilet.”

I couldn’t believe I had humiliated myself that much in front of my ex.

“Then I slowly put you to bed, and sat quietly next to you till you slept to your demand. And you did – like a baby.”

I felt like I was a baby again. I had asked Dom to stay with me till I get to sleep, like a little baby.

“Oh my God, I feel so bad. I’m so sorry I asked that much of you. You really didn’t have to do that.”

“Oh no, it’s alright. I owed you a big one for causing so much trouble in your relationship with Leo. Words aren’t enough to describe how terrible I feel.”

Aww, he had kept this sweetness! That sweetness that Leo didn’t have – that sweetness that made me fall for Dom at the beginning.

“Don’t feel that way,” I murmured to him, putting my hand on his cheek. “I forgive you. It’s true you bugged us for a while, but then you knew how to make yourself small and not show up unexpectedly again. I’m sorry too if I was mean to you.”

“You weren’t, Em. It was all my fault. I should have moved on earlier at the time. However, that doesn’t mean that all my feelings towards you are gone.”

He looked at me in the eye with his deep blue ones.

“Don’t blame yourself.” The words only came out of my mouth as whispers. I don’t know, but I had a little hint about what he was probably going to ask me.

“Emily… I love you. I have loved you when I’ve been coupled up and I have loved you while I’ve been single. I have loved you every minute of every day. Will you be my girlfriend again?”