New York, the big apple of my heart: Chapter 5, Leo's POV

LEO'S POV

I, Leo Thompson, swear to God not to fall in love with a girl. Never, ever, even with a hot, hot chick.

That was the deal I made with my pal Mike. Never to fall in love. With anyone.

But I think I broke, as usual, the rule.

She was my sister's best friend.

She slept over at our house last night. I only saw her the next morning. She was wearing her low-neck pyjamas, the ones Liz had bought her for her birthday. When I saw her like that, it was a chock. Her light brown hair was all messed-up. I was getting out of the shower. Of course I wasn't naked or something. I had put on an old pair of jeans. She turned, holding one of my dad's Yankee mugs.

Gosh, how did I never realise she had cute breasts? She was always here, with us. Ten years now. She thinks she's the kind of girl who's just screwed up because of her mom's relationships (yep, I did have a little bit of fun when she was around, playing superspies with Mike).

She was always a no one to me. She came here at the age of seven. I remeber the little girl she was. Always a bit boy-ish, unlike my sister, who was always dressing up as princesses and fairies. Always wearing those jeans and old converse. It was, I must admit, the first time I see her wearing something more girl-ish.

When she saw me, she dropped the Yankee mug. I helped her clean everything up, looking at her, and look back at the floor I was wiping when she took a look at me. How? How can a boy who messes around with all sorts of girl can be so damn stupidly idiot and not know that his "soul-mate"(like Liz says when she talks about her and her freak boyfriend Nicholas) was there, waiting for him, all this time, standing all the time right there in front of him?

We stood up. Her sparkly honey eyes met mine. And I couldn't resist. I kissed her. I was waiting, hoping for a: "What the fuck is wrong with you, Leo?". But she didn't do anything. I felt her muscles relaxing. She kissed me back. Yep. She kissed me back.

She was my sister's best friend. And I had fallen for her.