New York, the big apple of my heart: Chapter 25

So, how are you people today? Enjoying your last days probably of freedom, I presume?

I just wanted to drop an Author's Note before letting you read quietly the 26th (Or is it 25th?) chapter of NEW YORK, THE BIG APPLE OF MY HEART!!! Yup, I'm really enthusiastic today, I really don't know why... Maybe it's the effect of all the great clothes I brought today from the shopping mall?

ALRIGHTY. I just wanted to dedicate my chapter to LEXIEHEARTCAMY because she wrote a astonishingly great story named "THE RAVENCOURT MYSTERY" and it got deleted and she is uploading it on Wattpad all over again. I thought it would be nice to showing her the support. So please, you fabulous people out there reading my astonishingly long author's note, after reading my chapter, please go and read her story. Believe me, it is really worth it, not like a bunch of crappy stories you can find...

ANYWAY, Lex, I dedicate this chapter to you.

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE AND FAN IN BOTH OF OUR STORIES!!

Now I'll let you enjoy.

Okay, ENJOY YOUR READING

-hillary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whoa, now THAT's unexpected!" said Dave.

Oh my.

I had jumped from my spying spot and landed right in front of Dave, the words"YES!! Yes, David Taylor, I want you to be my stepdad!" coming out of my mouth.

I felt - and surely looked - stupid.

Dave tried to prevent himself from bursting out laughing. As for Mom, she sighed, hiding her face in her palms.

"At least now we know we have your daughter's important benediction," he told Mom.

I felt bad. I would never, ever want my daughter to ruin a perfect moment like that.

"So, what do you say?" The Man In The White Boxers said, pushing me to the side so he could face Mom.

Dave and I waited for a couple of seconds, our hearts thumping hard in our chests.

"This is so... unexpected. And so sudden. I would have never imagined you would propose..."

What the hell? Why isn't she saying yes?

There was something wrong.

"It's a no, isn't it?" said David, standing up and putting away the diamond ring.

"I'm afraid so," Mom replied.

WHAT? I thought they loved each other. For the first time in my life I had been enjoying the presence of a man in the house. Even if that man likes to wander around half naked.

"Why? Why Caroline?"

"Yeah Mom, why?

"Stay out of this, Emily, please. What did I do wrong? We were perfect. What is it that bugs you? You thought it was just physical and... and sexual, didn't you? Like all the relationships you've had before."

He paused, his eyes filling with tears.

I felt like crying too.

"We are different, Caroline. I thought we were different. We had feelings. Our feelings for each other were strong. There was something between us. Now it's all gone. I feel like I don't even know you anymore."

He threw the wedding ring on the table in front of a silent Mom and went out. We saw him holding his clothes and then heard the door slam with a petrifying 'bam' and then his heavy footsteps on the stairs.