New York, the big apple of my heart: Chapter 21

Bonjour!

Yeah, I'm in France, and I'm learning french (my accent is terrible, but still, I'M LEARNING FRENCH!!!)

So, I found a way to get into Wattpad once or twice a week, so maybe - maybe - I can upload a chapter every week.

I still don't know when we're coming back home - I won't be sad if we stay long here because Nice is AWESOME and I'm having sooo much fun :)

I'm still waiting for your ideas for the cast of: Dr Smartass and Daniel McLogan, so please don't forget!

What else have I to say? Well, it's not the story of my life so I guess I'll just shut up and let you read.

Vote!

Comment!!

Fan!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Hi, I'm Claudia McLogan. I've heard so much about you!" My stepmother said with a big smile on her face.

"Have a sit, sweetheart" said my dad.

"Uh...No, maybe I should get going...Leave you two guys alone..."

"As you wish, Emily. It was nice to see you."

"Yeah. You too, Dad."

I turned around and left.

***

On my way home, I kept thinking: What was he doing here? Was he here to take me back? I was his daughter.

The thing is, how did he know where we lived? When we left Chicago we left no adress behind.

And he asked for no custody at all when he and Mom divorced.

And he never asked how we were, never sent us money, never tried to get us back.

And he never asked for me. Never.

That's why I never thought I would see him again after leaving Chicago.

***

I didn't tell Mom that I had seen Dad - that I had seen one hell of a Dad married to a beautiful woman named Claudia.

Each time we come up with some conversation about love and relationships (which is , let's see, ALL THE TIME? Mom's trying to make me learn from her mistakes, so I won't be haunted later by those I made and be miserable all the rest of my life)

We talked about the NYEP which is tonight. I'm feeling kinda stressed, since I'm going with Leo. I can say I trust him now. Can I?

I dunno. Today will be a preview of our... relationship.

Lizzie is very proud of her brother getting a real relationship, and with a person she trusts.

Anyways, I'm talking for nothing now so I'll just shut up about my fears and anxieties and begin to tell you what happened at the party.

I got all dressed up, and waited for my date to arrive. I was thinking about meeting Leo there, because he is a terrible driver, especially on his motorbike. I hate motorbikes. Mom's close friend died five years ago because she got smashed on her motorbike as she was going to work. So Mom forbade me of ever riding something else than a car or a bike.

But he insisted on me going with him. He's being sensible and passionate all of a sudden. Part of me liked it, but the other part...Don't think so.