New York, the big apple of my heart: Chapter 31

I was mortified.

I had texted Leo for help instead of Dominic.

I felt so stupid, as my ex-boyfriend was fighting with Brad because he had invaded my privacy.

Brad pushed Leo by stretching his arms and legs, and Leo fell onto the floor. Brad began beating him up, and Leo began screaming with pain.

"No, no, Brad, please, please stop," I sobbed, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Please, Brad, I know you're a good man. Just leave the guy alone."

"Get out of my way, girl!" Brad shouted, pushing me onto the bed, and then continuing what he was doing a moment earlier.

I tried, I really tried to stop him, but every time, the cruel man, his nose turning purple and bleeding out ferociously, would stop me.

"Brad, Braddy, please, I beg you, stop. He's innocent. He hasn't done anything wrong. I'll do whatever you want me to do, but please, leave the poor guy alone."

"Right."

Finally he stopped beating Leo, who laid there, without a movement, on the cold floor, grabbed me by my fists and pushed me onto the bed.

As he was taking off my panties so he could enter me, a hand grabbed his leg and Leo stood up, shaking, bleeding from his right temple.

"You do not, harm my girl."

"Wh-"

The fight began again, but this time, Leo ruled.

But at a certain moment took over, pushed Leo to the bed - he landed on his tummy, head the the upper side of what had been a bed - took him by the hair and to bump him on the cold metal that soon turned red with blood.

I stood there horrified , my hands on my mouth. as the door opened on a panting blond man.

I recognised Dominic.

How come Leo AND Dominic were here? Who was the one I had asked to rescue me?

"Here!" Dominic shouted, and policemen arrived, grabbed Brad by the shoulders and took him away.

Dominic ran to me and pulled me close to him, but I didn't move, still staring at the immobile body of Leo on that bed, as blood was slowly pouring out of his forehead.

I rushed out quickly of Dominic's hug and went on the bed, cupping Leo's head in my hands.

"Oh my God, Leo...Oh my God...Wake up, Leo, come on! Come on, Leo...Wake up...Wake up..." I cried. "HELP!!! Help me here, please..." I yelled.

They took Leo in an ambulance to the nearest hospital. As the ambulance drove away, Dominic and I stood there, he put my coat on my bare shoulders. I became crazy, if Dom hadn't been there, holding me close to him, whispering to my ear some comforting words, I would have gone away and followed the ambulance, shouting and panting like an escaped woman from a psychiatric hospital.

"I can take you to the hospital if you want," he said.

"You...You'll really....really take me?"

"Yeah."

I grabbed my purse, put on my dress then my coat and we went.

***

"Mr. Thompson?"

It was six in the morning and we were sitting Lizzie, Nick, Dominic, George, Mom and I in the waiting room of the Operation Rooms ward of the gigantic hospital the ambulance had taken Leo to at twelve and a half. The doctors took him right away to an OR room, as he needed immediate surgery.