C H A P T E R 24

Hayden

"What do you mean? Grayson is dead Logan," I say angrily and rub my temples.

He has no idea what he's talking about.

"I know that Hayden but they're after her, she's basically a walking target every time she leaves her house."

He try's to look sincere but I know better he's just waiting for me to fuck up so he can save her, "You aren't good for her..." He adds lastly and I felt a sting in my chest.

Idiot. I fucking know this I'm going to keep her safe, she'll be perfectly fine. As long as she's with me.

"Logan I don't need relationship advice from you. How do you even know what's going on? Your not part of the gang, you're not part of this," I rant and raise my eyebrows.

He rolls his eyes, "Look all I'm saying is you should watch your back, and hers." His eyes grow dark and he grabs his jacket as he leaves.

Fuck he's so irritating, he try's to act like the good guy that way when I fuck up he can tell my mom he warned me and she'll always think of him as the 'good' child.

I hear Jasmine give him a kind goodbye then the door to my office creek open, "Can I come in?"

I smile, since when does she ever ask?

"Yeah babe..." I sigh and pile some paper work then stake them neatly.

She gingerly sits on my lap and I lean into her and breath in her hair, it smells it usual sweet vanilla scent.

"What'd you guys talk about?" She asks trying to sound casual, I smirk.

"Now why would I tell you..." I ask in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"C'mon why can't I know?" She whines.

"Because I said so." I can practically feel her roll her eyes.

"Fine, can we watch Netflix?"

I smile widely, I would love nothing more than too just sit with her all day and watch her ridiculous Disney movies over and over while she lays on my chest.

Why does she have to leave so soon?

I nod, "What are we watching?"

***
Jasmine

Hayden seems tense after Logan leaves, only making me wonder what they were talking about.

I wish he'd tell me what's going on, all this guessing is making my head hurt.

I look at the time and panic, "Shit, Hayden I have too go." I grab my converse and hastily shove them on.

He groggily sits up and nods while he lifts his arms to stretch, for a second I'm distracted because of the overload of hotness in front of me.

Shit, he is one sexy guy...

"You okay?" He asks oblivious to me checking him out.

His stomach toned, you can see the outline of his abs while his arms are tanned and muscular.

"Yeah fine." I say innocently and stand on my feet.

***

Once we arrive at my grandmas place Hayden begins to speak, "Jasmine think about next month, I need to keep you safe..."

He says referring to his trip, which will interfere with my school work and singing.

I nod non the less and step out, he didn't kiss me or hug me, nothing.

I shrug it off thinking how childish it must sound.

But I was starting to get sick of his mood swings, it's as if he's a light switch. One minute all sweet and lovey then the next quiet and distant.

I turn back around and stand in front of Hayden's open window, I kiss him softly then with out a word walk inside.

Hayden

Once I'm home I decide to take action, I have to leave next month for a 'business' trip you could say and I know for a fact Jasmine will refuse to miss school and go.

I pull out my phone, "Dan yeah, no it's time."

I hang up quickly then feel for my gun in my pocket, finally I was going to make sure Grayson's guys could not hurt her and the only way to guarantee that was if they were all dead.

Harsh but true.

****************************************
Sorry this is short but this book (if it goes as planned) should be over by ch 35 around there and there will be a sequel! So yay!
VOTE
COMMENT