C H A P T E R 13

Jasmine

I run into my house and lock the door. Then I see Hayden speed away once I'm safely inside.

I sigh and lean against the door.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into?

I run a hand through my hair and think about the way his lips felt on mine, soft warm and inviting. I could kiss him all day.

The light snaps on and I suck in a harsh breath.

Then release it when I see my grandma standing there watching me, I thought it was my mom.

"Grandma you scared me." I say and hope she doesn't question my late return after such an eventful day.

"Who's the boy?" She asks amused.

My eyes widen, "What? Grandma there's no boy I- went to um check on a friend."

She rolls her eyes playfully, "I know when there's a boy in the picture and right now there is definitely a boy."

I sigh, "Please don't tell mom she'll freak out Grams..." I beg her.

She waves me off, "I won't say a word but I need to warn you..." She says seriously and motions to the couch.

I sit silently and wait for her to speak.

"I know a lot about the young boys around here Jasmine, all of them are trouble, you need to be careful." She warns me.

I gulp, "I know grams I'll be fine."

She nods. "Good, now how about tomorrow me and you go out, just the two of us." She smiles.

I nod. "Of course grams, sounds fun!"

She chuckles, "Good, you're the only grandchild that visits me, I'm glad you're here Jasmine."

My heart warms but I feel a twinge of guilt do to the fact that I was dreading coming here all summer.

It's not so bad.

"Of course grams, I love you" I say and hug her tightly.

She sniffles a bit and my eyebrows furrow.

"Grams is everything okay?" I ask confused and worried.

"I'm fine, I'm just going to miss you and when you leave." She brushes it off but I can see sadness in her eyes.

"Don't worry grams I'll visit next summer I promise..."

She tears up more and hugs me one last time.

"Go to bed, it's pretty late, and I won't tell your mom!" She says and smiles.

I nod, "Thanks Grams"

Once I get to my room I close the door quietly and plop on my bed.

What an eventful day.