C H A P T E R 14

Jasmine

I wait patiently for Hayden to pick me up for our first date.

I'm honestly nervous, what if something goes wrong? What if someone gangs up on us? Hayden alone with no back up and me, whoever the attacker is would laugh in my face.

"Everything will be fine Jasmine, calm down..." I say to myself.

I walk to my mirror and inspect my outfit for the day.

It was pretty warm today, about 85 degrees so I decided to go simple. A cute white dress that has a few holes in the stomach area exposing some skin, along with a long gold clock necklace and my blue high top converse.

My makeup simple as usual and my hair straight down as it falls around my shoulders.

I smile a bit at my reflection but am interrupted by the sound of the door bell.

Well here goes nothing.

I run too the door and don't bother checking who it is.

I open it and my heart drops.

It's Dan, something must have happened.

"Hello Jasmine, Hayden sent me, something came up and he couldn't make it, he says he will make it up too you." Dan says to me a sympathetic look on his face.

"Is he okay?" I ask.

He nods and smiles reassuringly.

"What came up?" I ask, yet I'm afraid to hear the answer.

"I really shouldn't say, that's for Hayden to tell you."

I sigh, "Okay well thanks for telling me Dan." I expected this.

"Don't be angry at him Jasmine, he can't help this, he was born into this he didn't choose..." Dan trials off.

I nod reassuringly, "No of course not, I'm just worried about him..."

It was true, I wasn't angry at him. Of course I was upset that I couldn't spend the day with him, but I was mostly worried.

Knowing he could die, literally. Now I'm beginning to see just how dangerous this really is.

He sends me a small smile.

"Can I ask you something Dan?" I ask nervously afraid he'll shut me down.

He nods.

"What happened to his dad? Hayden told me that he's dead but didn't tell me how."

"Look I'm not in the right position to tell you, but he was killed by a rival gang of his, nothing special they did a drive by and shot him in his own home..."

My eyes widen, "oh"

"Hayden was there, he was only 14, now if you have any more questions you should ask him..." He tells me.

I can't believe Hayden wouldn't tell me this. My heart clenches for him though, I can't imagine what he must have felt like.

Meant to be // Bad Boy Good Girl Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें