C H A P T E R 4

Jasmine

"Jasmine honey me and your grandma have to go but I'll be home in about an hour! Please don't go out okay!" My mom yells and I roll my eyes as I slip my shoes on.

I walk into the living room and look I see that they have left. Once I'm sure they're gone I make my way to the door.

"Where are you going?" My dad asks a smile on his face. "Oh um out for a little bit!" I say and smile meekly.

He shakes his head. "Mom said no that means no, sorry kid." My dad says and I roll my eyes.

"Look you and mom have already ruined my summer just please let me go out this once." I say exasperated.

His eyes widen and I think I just know realize what came out of my mouth. "Where is this attitude coming from, you need to learn some respect, go to your room, no means no!" He yells at me.

"I always listen to you and mom, I never do anything wrong! Why can't you just trust me this once!" I yell back.

He narrows his eyes. "We do trust you but you're only 16 you don't know anything about the world here and your too naive to see it!" He retorts and I shake my head in disbelief.

"Ya know just because I didn't grow up here like you did doesn't mean I can't take care of myself! Things change this isn't the same neighborhood you grew up in dad!" I yell back.

"Go to your room!" He yells and shakes his head as he leaves the room a disappointed look on his face.

I run to my room and slam the door closed. That was unexpected.

I have never fought with my dad, well not in that kind of way. The yelling and screaming. I shake my head in disbelief and throw my phone on my bed.

I can't believe this. How could he not trust me. How could he take away my summer plans when he knew how much it meant to me and act like I'm supposed to be okay with just sitting around at home all day!?

Ugh this is so frustrating.

I throw my shoes in the corner of the room then walk to my dresser to angrily inspect myself in the mirror.

That's what people do in movies right? Then they get some unusual sudden realization while looking in the mirror and everything gets better.

I try to control my breathing then lean against the dresser.

I look up and see my plain brown hair perfectly straight going past my shoulders my eyes looked dull and not their usual hazel nut color.

My face was a bit pale probably from lack of food. I haven't been in the eating mood lately.

I sigh and run my hand through my slightly tangled hair.

Then an idea hit me. Teens rebelled all the time right, so why shouldn't I try it this once. I quickly grab my phone to see the time.

It was only 2:30. I smirk to myself then grab my bag and music sheets thinking I could get some practice in.

Because by 6 o'clock tonight I was going to be out side looking for some adventure or maybe just some food cause I was hungry.