C H A P T E R 10

Jasmine

It was nearly show time and I was excited and nervous to say the least.

I slip on my blue dress and straighten my hair after I put on some makeup.

When I arrive at the church it's a full house.

I smile when I see some of the kids bragging to their parents how they're in the show, then I wave to miss Lopez who was pretty much the school director for this.

"Honey we're going to get our seats good luck!" My mom wishes me kindly

"See you in there," I say and smile as my grandmother and mom walk inside.

I feel the nerves kick in full blast the minute I see them setting up the stage with a piano right in the front.

How was I supposed to play in front of all those people!?

I think I'm going to pee my pants from nerves.

My palms begin to sweat a bit and I bit my lip as I notice my grandmother greeting many of her friends from church most likely bragging about how her granddaughter had a lead in the show.

Soon the lights dim and people quiet down and sit in their assigned seats.

I make my way on to stage and try to make my way to the piano in the middle of the stage as gracefully as possible.

One stage light shines down on me and I take a deep breath as I look into the audience.

Suddenly the back door opens and in comes Hayden.

My heart rate immediately picks up. He's wearing a white button up the sleeves rolled up a bit and some black skinny jeans, his hair combed a bit and I could see his tattoos peaking out a bit through the white material of his shirt.

He looked absolutely gorgeous. He meets my eyes as he takes a seat and I snap back into reality.

Shit, I really gotta stop doing that.

I clear my throat and begin to play the keys.

Hayden

When I meet Jasmines eyes my eyes widen.

She looked absolutely stunning. Her hair perfectly straight, the blue dress she had on fit her curves perfectly and her eyes looked lighter and brighter as the harsh lighting of the stage hit her face.

Fuck, I'm sounding like love struck Romeo.

I take my seat and as soon as I do the beautiful sound of the piano fills the whole auditorium.

Jasmine begins to sing softly into the microphone attached to the top of the piano, and my eyes widen.

As cliche as it sound she sounds angelic.

I never expected such a beautiful and powerful voice to come from such a small girl.

My phone buzzes in my pocket but I ignore it, I wasn't about to look away from the stunning girl on stage.

It continues to buzz a few more times and I sigh in frustration.

I know it's dangerous for me not to answer especially with what I'm dealing with right now.

"Fuck" I mumble.

I shut off my phone quickly and continue to watch the stage.

Once the song ends as if on cue a gun shot is heard.

I shoot up as do many people as panic starts.

A few more shots are fired and people start to take cover, some even fleeing outside.

My eyes find Jasmine's as she looks around horrified and frozen. Shit shit shit.

I run towards her and knock her to the ground. "What the hell is happening?!" She breaths out.

"Shhhh" I say. "Stay here. Don't move. Do you understand?" I say and look at her sternly.

She nods her eyes still wide. "You'll be okay I promise?" I say and kiss her forehead.

Tears start to form in her eyes and I know I have to look away.

It hurts to see her like that.

I pull a gun from my pocket and run outside only to see a white small car speeding away.

I curse and clench my fists. But suddenly my black suv pulls up.

"Next time answer your damn phone dick." Brian says. I sigh in relief and hope in the car.

"Brian get out and make sure Jas gets home." I say and kick him out. "What the fu-"

"Shut up and just do it," I growl.

"Fine asshole," he mumbles.

I was going to fucking kill whoever did this tonight. It was time to end this ridiculous feud.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hi *awkwardly waves*
I have been sick. Like I was throwing up for a good 2 days and I'm also on vacation! But the book must go on! So I'm back bitches!😂😊 ps: sorry this sucked
VOTE
COMMENT
4 faster updates!!!